Posts Tagged ‘sharing’
I created an account with Digg, a place where people can share content on the web.
What is Digg?
Digg is a place for people to discover and share content from anywhere on the web. From the biggest online destinations to the most obscure blog, Digg surfaces the best stuff as voted on by our community. We’re here to provide tools for our community to discover content, discuss the topics that they’re passionate about, connect with like-minded people, and make some new friends in the process. By looking at information through the lens of the collective community on Digg, you’ll always find something interesting and unique. We’re committed to giving every piece of content on the web an equal shot at being the next big thing.
I have submit a link to Digg about sunless farming as a solution to the world food problems. Click HERE to access my Digg’s page.
Q1. In our reading last week in The Starfish and The Spider, it talked about the role of ideology in the decentralized organizations. When Christine talks about “fellow believers” do you think she means the same thing as ideology?
The concept behind an “ideology” and “fellow believers” are quite similar. The belief of ideology is that it’s a sense of belonging to a community. This notion is parallel to the idea of having fellow believers as Christine Cavalier mentioned in her blog post. By structuring a setting where you’re bounded by people who will embrace your idea and make you feel like you belong to the group is the same as being surrounded by people who believe in your brand, aka fellow believers. Yes, I do think there is a connection between the two.
Q2. Reading through the specific suggestions on how to search, share, and support which ones make the most sense to you? Are there any you are ready to go ahead and try?
After reading through Christine specific suggestions on how to search, share, and support, I would say the sharing segment is what stand out the most to me. By sharing contents with your community, you are showing them what your brand is all about. As marketing major, I know that a brand is about the image and personality it portrays. Therefore, you must have a story to share to other in order for people to connect to your brand.
“Give the believers some branded products that can be downloaded so they may freely show their personal identification with your brand.” This is interesting, not sure if it will fit with every product/service but it is well worth a try.
Q3. What is your overall reaction to the contents of “How to Build Community Online”?
The contents of “How to Build Community Online” are very useful for anyone that wants to build a true online community. Christine wrote in her blog that, “any true community is already sold on you, your brand, your profession or your product.” I strongly agree to this statement with a much emphasis on “true community.” Often time, I see online community where all they do is selling and promoting which gets annoying overtime. I do believe in some selling is fine, which is part of the reason businesses create these online communities. But they’re smart in approaching it. The most successful ones are those that sell only 20% while the remaining 80% is providing relevant engaging information for their followers. That’s the only part I would disagree in Christine’s post. Some selling is necessary but it must be handle – cautiously.