Archive for February, 2011

Social media, like other information outlets, can undoubtedly influence public opinion. What ethical considerations do you think governments and corporations should have when attempting to influence others? Does creating fake online personas go too far? Does it matter if the government or a corporate does it? Does it matter if the target is US citizens or “foreign foes”?

The governments and corporations need to consider the effects when attempting to influence others.  The effects could benefit the governments and corporations, but they might make people have no trust on the social media.  Since the governments and corporations create fake online personas, people will follow their steps to do so.  As a result, it may destroy some website such as facebook and twist because people will not trust the information.  Therefore, i think it is better to have some limitation for it.

Creating fake online personas does not go too far because many people have been do it in the real life.  People just need to watch out what they doing on the internet.  It definitely does matter if the government or a corporate does it since there will be a big effect for our society.  It doesn’t matter if the target is US citizens or “foreign foes” because there is no lines between countries on the internet.

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)

the photo is from <http://wiredcpu.com/infographic-using-social-media-during-emergency/>

the photo is from <http://wiredcpu.com/infographic-using-social-media-during-emergency/>

I think social media should be a very important role in emergency response.

Advantages:

1. Fast news: people could be noticed about the emergencies through social media as quickly as live shows

2. More efficiency: people could know the emergencies by TV, radio, internet which let more people know the emergencies

3. Fast solution: As long as more people know the emergencies, the fast way to solve the problems caused by the emergencies. For example, social media can ask people to donate money or food.

Disadvantages are probably no tools to know the emergencies, such as computer and mobile cell phone.  Also, sometime there is no signal to connect to the internet or make phone calls.  The worst situation could be resulted in scare for most people located in the affected area.

If i am in a natural disaster or some other type of emergency situation, i will turn to social media by using my iphone to make calls and connect to internet.

Above is the logo of http://slickdeals.net/

I absolutely agree with Craig Donato’s post that it is very important to build customer relationship in social commerce business.  People usually ask their friends for the opinions about products.  At least 80% of people normally follow other people’s opinions to decide whether buy the products or not.

I shop a lot both online and in store.  Therefore, i always go to some websites where contain lots of good feedback, such as amazon.com , slickdeals.com , newegg.com . There are tons of excellent feedback for most products.  Those feedback are not only to save my time to find great products, but they also save my money by providing cheaper price.  In addition, i always tell my friends about the good deals in store and online and they really appreciate it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2psdMr2Zt0[/youtube]

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Another free slideshow by Smilebox
Rating: 5.5/10 (2 votes cast)
Rating: +1 (from 1 vote)

Do you agree or disagree that “Facebook should be banned in the workplace”? Would you work for a company that banned the use of Facebook?

I disagree to ban Facebook in the workplace.  Facebook is great tool to relax employees during work.  Also, people use Facebook all the time to communicate with their friends.  I think it is ridicules to prevent the communication.  If the company ban Facebook, it probably also bans the personal email and even cell phone.  I mean we are human that people are likely to have fun.  In addition, I always believe that it’s better to rule it than to ban it.  There is no way to totally ban something because people are smart to find other ways to do so.  Therefore, I would not work for a company who banned the use of Facebook.

There are six widgets in my blog:

1.       Categories: to organize my blog with different contents

2.       Pages: to show some important information

3.       Blogroll: to direct to other great websites from my blog

4.       Tag: to show topics which can be easily found

5.       Calendar: to remind people the date

6.       Sitemeter: to see how popular my blog is

There are four plugins I used for blog:

1. GD Star Rating : to get feedback from visitors in order to make improvement

2. Google Analyticator: to see how popular my blog is

3. Smooth Slider: to add a smooth content and image slideshow

4. Viper’s Video Quicktags: to embed YouTube into my posts easily

Hi, my name is YONG HUANG.  I am from JIANGXI, CHINA.  I came to the United States in March, 2002 when I was 15 years old.  I am currently a senior of Temple University.  I was used to major in Actuarial Science but changed to Accounting because I was tired to do the Math all the time.  I also minor in MIS by my MIS 2101’s professor Carey O’Donnell’s advise.  I hope I will learn something which helps me to find a better job in accounting career.

By the way, today is the Chinese New Year.  It’s my year- rabbit.  Happy New Year to everyone.

Rating: 7.0/10 (1 vote cast)
Rating: +1 (from 1 vote)
Tags
Calendar
February 2011
M T W T F S S
    Apr »
Sitemeter