Archive for April 7th, 2011

There are two best ways to promote my blog.

The first way to promote my blog is to recommend my friends on Facebook to visit my blog and provide nice feedback.  I could post a link on my Facebook and ask my friends to visit my blog.  Also, i could import my blog on my Facebook which is an easy way for friends to find the link to my blog.  As a result, my friends could leave a feedback for my posts either on Facebook or directly on my blog.  Based on their feedback, i could improve my blog and recommend to more people.

Image credit: http://bloggeruser.com/blogger-tutorials/facebook-like-recommend-button-for-blogger-blog/189/

The second way is to post my blog’s link on MSN, which are the tools i usually use to chat with my friends.  Everyone chats with me on MSN will find out my new post.  Then i could encourage my friends to take a look what i did for my MIS 3538 class in Temple.  It will be a great sample to introduce a MIS class to other people, especially for those people who are interested in minoring MIS major in Temple.  As long as someone thinks the discussions and other activities in MIS 3538 class are interesting, i will highly recommend his/her to take Prof. Johnson’s class next semester.

Image credit: http://www.rapidonline.hu/msn.html
I hope my friends will like my posts and provide feedback for my blog. Their feedback rating is the best tool to measure whether my blog is good or not. From 1-10, if the rating is below 5, it’s bad; between 6-7, good; 8-10 is fantastic for me.

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)

photo credit: http://thejewishnews.com/

What do you think, is it viable to launch a Facebook-only news portal? What are some major advantages and disadvantages? If you were going to create an online news organization, what would it look like?

In my opinion, it is not viable to launch a Facebook-only news portal.

Many people like to log in their Facebook account to see what is new.  On Facebook.com, it allows the company to promote the news to most people with incredible fast speed.  Also, the news could always be newly updated since it is online.  People are more likely to share some interesting news with their families and friends.  As long as people find the news on Facebook, people can directly send the news to their friends on Facebook and discuss the news.

On the other hand, even though there are lots of people launch Facebook all the time, some people do not read news on Facebook.  Today, there are too many websites publish news online.  People usually go to some huge news websites such as Yahoo, MSN and Wall Street Journal.  If the company only promote their news on Facebook, it definitely lose a lot of customers.  Also, i don’t think it’s a good idea to put all eggs in one basket.

If i am going to create a online news origination, i will post the news to some huge community websites such as Facebook and Twist. Also, i would like to promote my website name on other big searching websites such as google and yahoo in order to let more people know.

Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)

On AMAZON.COM, there is a link to Twitter, but not to Facebook.  People can find daily deals of amzon.com on their Twitter account.  Unfortunately, there is no official presence for Amazon on Twitter. However, Amazon has official presence on Facebook.  It’s funny.  In my opinion, I like the styles and contents about Amazon more on Facebook.  On Facebook, the website is better organized and easily to get people’s attention.  People are really like the deals and offers promoted on Facebook that there are 635,644 people like it so far which is many more than on Twitter.

I like to shop on staples.com.  Staples.com doesn’t have any link to Facebook or Twitter.  However, it provides the email link about exclusive saving offers that customers will receive deals in their email.  Staples works hard on promoting their products and services that it promotes its ads on many big website. For example, people can see Staples’s ads when they track their Yahoo email.  On the other hand, I believe that Staples could be better if its website contains links to Facebook and Twitter.  Then, people will be more likely to find out Staples’s promotions on Facebook and Twitter.

Rating: +1 (from 1 vote)
Tags
Calendar
April 2011
M T W T F S S
« Feb    
Sitemeter