Social Media Innovation by Prof. Johnson

Spit and Polish: Final Details to Finish Strong

There is a little bit less than 5 full days left before the final deadline for all course activities. Any work submitted after 8PM on Wednesday, December 14, 2011, will be considered late. Work must be submitted by the final deadline to receive full credit.

To help you do as well as possible in this course, here is a reminder of what the major course components are, their relative value towards the final grade you earn in the course, and what you can do between now and the final course deadline to demonstrate your level of achievement.

There are 4 major course components, I cover each one individually below.

Participation

20%

Social media innovation in action activities

40%

Individual end of semester report

20%

Group infographic project

20%

Participation

Participation is assessed based on performance during the entire semester, therefore this portion of the course is essentially complete. Still, comments posted before Wednesday, 8PM on the social media innovation in action blog will be considered in overall course participation.

The bulk of the achievements credited in The Quest also count towards this portion of course performance. The deadline for submission of activities is 8PM on Wednesday. I will be checking submitted activities roughly every 24-36 hours between now and then to provide feedback.

Contact me if you have any questions!

The requirements for activity completion are outlined in this post. To help you keep track of what activities of each type you have completed, I strongly recommend that you update your personal wiki status page.

When I assess your performance in this category I will (a) check your Wiki page, (b) review the achievements you received, and (c) review your personal course blog.

I further recommend that you review all of your blog entries against the attribution guidelines provided early in the semester.

Individual end of semester report

For most of you this is the most important remaining activity. The requirements are stated in the syllabus and repeated in this post. Remember to submit your report to me in either “DOC” or “PDF” format via email. I do not want a hard copy.

Group infographic project

If you have not already done so, as per the instructions in this post document the individual efforts you made to promote your team infographic. All of the members of a team need to provide this information in order for the team to receive full credit for this project.

Announcements have moved to the social media innovation portal.

Categories
Copyright Notice
Unless otherwise noted, all text and images are by Steven L. Johnson, licensed CC BY-SA.
Final Fall 2011 Quest Standings