Topic Focus: Traffic control: making sense with Google analytics
Tool Focus: Google Analytics
Watch this video: Beginning Analytics: Interpreting and Acting on Your Data:
image credit: 13 by psd, on Flickr
Topic Focus: What’s social got to do with search?
Tool Focus: Social presence management
image credit: No 12 – faded black by kirstyhall, on Flickr
Topic Focus: What’s a page rank? Getting started with SEO
Skim the Wikipedia page on Page Rank to be able to answer these questions:
1. What is page rank used for?
2. What is the primary thing that influences page rank?
Tool Focus: Location-based services and QR Codes
Read: Pick 3 articles on this page to read – AniseSmith QR codes
image credit: No 11 – black on white by kirstyhall, on Flickr
Wed 11/2 Class Plans
We’re changing a few things up this evening.
- The guest presentation by Josh Rosen, Marketing Manager – Campbells Kitchen, has been postponed until Wednesday, November 8.
- We will spend time (a) discussing the assigned reading on social media ROI, (b) discussing Google+, and having the scheduled individual presentations.
- I’m also setting aside time for brief meetings with each group for feedback on your Infographics. (For some groups this may be quite brief, for others a little bit longer.)
General Infographic Feedback
- For (a) include something along the lines of: This infographic was prepared by X, Y, and Z for Prof. Johnson’s Social Media Innovation course at Temple U. Fox School of Business. bit.ly/mis3538
- For (b), include something along the lines of: “Data from: url, url, url”, “Image credits: …, …, … “. If there are an overwhelming number of credits, you create a page at the class blog with them and point to that page… “See http://community.mis.temple.edu/mis3538b2/teameight for data source and image credits.”
- Time permitting, update as per above feedback.
- Save the most recent version of your group’s infographic as either a JPG or PNG format file.
- Either (a) upload that version to your group Wiki page or (b) somewhere else accessible via the classroom computer
Topic Focus: Show me the money: ROI for social
Read: Measure This.
Tool Focus: Google+
Read: Introducing Google-Plus
image credit: Large number 10 painted on wall by Horia Varlan, on Flickr
Topic Focus: TMI! Fending off information overload
Read: Content Curation Primer
Tool Focus: Content Aggregation and Curation
Visit these three sites. What do you like and dislike about each one? How do they map to the 5 models in the blog post above?
Summify for StevenLJohnson (click on one of the dates)
image credit: 9 by psd, on Flickr