Social Media Innovation by Prof. Johnson

Help! Questions and Answers

What's for lunchThis is a page for frequently asked questions and other clarifications to things going on in the class.

How did Prof. Johnson start with so many Quest Points?

In response to Alex Tran: September 1, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Mr Johnson
i just wondering how can you get 185 point already when the class it just started?

The short answer is, because I’m doing more posting and other activities on this blog (so far). The long answer is…

Last semester when The Quest was manually scored I didn’t include myself in the scoring. This year I’ve found software to help out with the process … an unintended consequence is I also show up on the leaderboard .

If you look at this part of my profile: http://community.mis.temple.edu/members/steven/achievements/unlocked/ you’ll see the achievements I’ve unlocked. There’s also 2 hidden ones I’ve unlocked–yes, just for fun there are hidden achievements you can also unlock.

Don’t worry, as you’ll soon see when the first list of activities/achievements comes out, there’s a bunch of points available for doing your work in the next two weeks.

As soon as everyone gets going on those activities, I’ll move down the leaderboard. By the end of the semester, I’ll be at or near the bottom as I’m only going to earn points here on this blog, not from other activities, too.

image credit: What’s for lunch by erix!, on Flickr

4 Responses to Help! Questions and Answers

Leave a Reply

Announcements have moved to the social media innovation portal.

Categories
Copyright Notice
Unless otherwise noted, all text and images are by Steven L. Johnson, licensed CC BY-SA.
Final Fall 2011 Quest Standings