Post Directory

The Negative effects of Facebook

As many people know Facebook is one of the largest social networks in the world today. Facebook is helping people connect with their friends, and relatives from all over the world. It makes human begin life much easier. However, since Facebook is getting well-known, bad things start to take place. There are two effects that I want to talk about

Facebook Has a Negative Impact on the Concentration of Students, about 70-75 percent of high school students are falling behind in class because they spend many hours on Facebook. Therefore, it leads to lack of time to studying or concentration on school work. Therefore, the percentage of student repeating the class is higher every year.

Students watch adult movie on Facebook- As Facebook becomes popular , there are more users uploading a lot of music videos that was over 18.  The problem is that on Facebook there are many middle school students around 8-9 years old always playing around, so the chance that they would watch adult videos is very high. Furthermore, there are many users posting photos of their body and putting its up there so it make affect the little kids who always playing around on the site

In my opinion, Facebook has become a place where you can watch any movies and do not have to consider age. So I strongly believe that parents should do something to keep their kids from watching or learning what they are not supposed to. Facebook will not do anything about it because if they do not allow the customer to posting videos or photos they will lose profit. It is very hard to keep track since there are million of users on Facebook. So it is in the parents hands now.

Image Credit: evilfacebookdanger.com

7 Responses to “The Negative effects of Facebook”

• I don’t necessarily think Facebook is to blame. At this age in time, technology has become an everyday part of our lives. If not Facebook, young adults and teenagers would turn to one of the other 100′s of social media sites whice probably would result in the same “negative effects”.

• Everything in this world has positives and negatives. Facebook isn’t any different. You can say that people do not know how to act during in-person social situations because of texting, Facebook, Twitter, etc. As technology connects us, negative exposures will continue to be a part of it.

• Facebook isn’t to blame for the lack of concentration. If Facebook was not around then people would spend their time elsewhere like youtube. I think it comes down to the parents and how they regulate their children’s use of the internet. There was the article on a news site that said parents were registering their childrent who were 8 on facebook. I think parents/guardians need to establish clear rules of right and wrong and how to handle priorities. I know when exam time comes around I log off facebook and tend not to log back on until the exams are over so that I can spend more time studying and less seeing what other people are doing.

• Facebook isn’t to blame for the lack of concentration. If Facebook was not around then people would spend their time elsewhere like youtube. I think it comes down to the parents and how they regulate their child’s use of the internet. There was the article on a news site that said parents were registering their children who were 8 on Facebook. I think parents/guardians need to establish clear rules of right and wrong and how to handle priorities. I know when exam time comes around I log off facebook and tend not to log back on until the exams are over so that I can spend more time studying and less seeing what other people are doing.

• “In my opinion, Facebook has become a place where you can watch any movies and do not have to consider age.”

What? You watch movies on Facebook?

• If not Facebook, then these kids will just learn about or watch these videos elsewhere. If they see something on facebook then it most likely comes from one of their friends, who would show them anyways. Just as William said, everything has its positives and negatives.

• I agree that it is not Facebook’s fault. Children can find that type of stuff anywhere on the web and not just Facebook. Also, if it isn’t Facebook then College students would still be spending all their hours on Aim and Myspace, so it is social media as a whole to play for the student’s lack of concentration.