Post Directory

World Wildlife Fund

The World Wildlife Fund, WWF,  has been protecting the future of nature. The world’s leading conservation organization, WWF works in 100 countries and is supported by 1.2 million members in the United States and close to 5 million globally. WWF’s vision is to build a future in which people live in harmony with nature.  WWF’s mission is to conserve nature and reduce the most pressing threats to the diversity of life on Earth.  By 2020, WWF will conserve 15 of the world’s most ecologically important regions by working in partnership with others.  By partnering with others they plan to protect and restore species and their habitats, strengthen local communities’ ability to conserve the natural resources they depend upon, transform markets and policies to reduce the impact of the production and consumption of commodities and mobilize hundreds of millions of people to support conservation.  WWF is an organization that protect wildlife, conserve places, transform businesses to be more environmental friendly, help face climate change, work with communities to help rebuild populations and help people understand how to conserve the areas, and develop science based solutions.  Currently they are working on rebuilding the tiger populations and setting up a global example of how to deal with climate change in the Eastern Himalayas.  This is the topic I chose because I am a big animal person and it is a great organization.  How do you think the WWF could do better or what do you like about them so much.               

5 Responses to “World Wildlife Fund”

• i like to travel around the world to learn about the culture but i don’t really like to see tigers or panthers cause once you see it you done

• I am an animal lover myself so I think that it’s great that they are teaming up with other organizations to protect the animals. I think that protecting the wildlife is such a hard task to complete considering all the big cooperations come in and just buy out the land, so this is a very honorable thing that they are doing.

• I think WWF is the good program because it has the good cause. There are a lot of species that disappear or attack by the other animals. This program definitely helps the animal rebuild the community and gain the trust on human. I would love if WWF exists in Vietnam because there are a lot of precious animals get harm by human.

• I think that WWF is a great organization as well. It seems to have stood the test of time and has done noticeable good for a lot of species. We need to protect the animals, especially the endangered species.

• I just recently did a project for my advanced accounting class dealing with not-for-profit organizations. I chose the Wildlife Conservation Society and reading about the WWF, they are both very similar in that trying to maintain and protect wildlife, conserve places, and help people understand how to conserve the areas through training or demonstrations.
    I think this is very important and should be widely-known which animals or regions that are either endangered or in need of help. It is always good to protect our natural habitat!