Blog Config – 3 Widgets and 3 Plug-ins That Enchance My Blog!

For this assignment, we had to add three widgets and three Plug-ins to our blog and document why we chose them…

Widgets:

Google Analytics Stats – Activating the Google Analytics Plug-in is a requirement for this class in order for the students to track the progression and traffic associated with their individual blog.  I thought it would be to have the widget available on the side to provide fast feedback and to improve the overall look (professional) of my blog.

Text (FaceBook like, Google +1, Twitter follow) – I created quite a few text widgets for my blog because they are open for html code and more.  Adding text documents to my blog allowed me to add the codes to enable the FaceBook like button, the Google +1 button, and the Twitter follow button.

Calender – I thought it would be nice to add a calender to my blog.  It enhances it in a simple way, by allowing user’s/myself to see when blogs are posted…or just to see what date it is.

Plugins:

Hello DollyI only added this Plug-in because I thought the description was funny: “This is not just a plugin, it symbolizes the hope and enthusiasm of an entire generation summed up in two words sung most famously by Louis Armstrong: Hello, Dolly. When activated you will randomly see a lyric from Hello, Dolly in the upper right of your admin screen on every page.”

Polldaddy Polls & Ratings – I activated this Plug-in because I thought it would be a very interesting feature to have polls on individual blog posts that could provide instant feedback to me from other students.  I didn’t end up adding any polls once I realised that student traffic was very low when it came to viewing other blogs.

Unfiltered MU – I added this Plug-in because I created an original animation as a blog post and this was a required Plug-in to get it to post properly.