Herb & Garlic Chicken :)

With this next recipe, you guys can get a little creative because you can add whatever sides you want to it. This is one of my favorites; it’s chicken in an herb & garlic marinade.
Ingredients
Lawry’s Herb & Garlic with lemon juice Marinade
1 lb boneless chicken breast

Directions
1. Prior to cooking
a. Cut up chicken into bite size pieces
b. Cover chicken in marinade and sit for 30 minutes in refrigerator
2. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
3. Put marinaded chicken in non-stick pan and cook for 35-40 minutes (check after 20 minutes)
4.  Make any sides you want. I recommend buying the rice sides or the instant mashed potatoes ( They are very simple)

Since I got so much feedback on my last poll, I’m going to try and make the baked mac n’ cheese!

Decisions Decisions…I Need Your Help!

I keep making what I enjoy, so I figured I would open it up to you guys now. Please give me your feedback, and whatever gets the most votes will be made next week!

What the Heck is Goulash?

My parents have been making this since I was a little kid. However, whenever I mention the word goulash, no one knows what I am talking about. I figured I give everyone the recipe to enlighten everyone.  I enjoy this recipe because you can pretty much add whatever you want to it; it’s very simple.

Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Pasta of your choosing
Vegetables of your choosing
Jar of savory beef gravy

Directions
1. Cook beef in large frying pan until brown
2. Cook pasta simultaneous, should take about 10 minutes or so
3. Drain beef
4. Add onion and garlic powder to taste
5. Add jar of beef gravy ( cook for 5 minutes if vegetables aren’t added)
6. Add vegetables such as corn, green beans, or diced potatoes if desired and cook for 5 minutes

Stayed tuned for my next post, I’ll be making steak!

It’s Getting Hot in Here

I told you I was going to spice it up this week, so I’m making Tacos! I am cheating a little this week because I’m using a Taco kit. However, I did say this was going to be simple cooking and I don’t think it gets much easier than this.

Ingredients
Old El Paso Soft Taco Dinner Kit
1 lb. ground beef
2/3 cup water

Optional Ingredients
Cheese
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Hot sauce

Directions
You really could just read it off the box, but I’ll reinforce it for you
1. Brown ground beef
2. Drain
3. Stir in water and seasoning mix
4. Heat to boil; simmer uncovered 3-4 minutes
5. Warm up tortillas for 45 seconds in microwave

You can make tacos without the kit also. You would just need to buy the tortillas and seasoning separately, but it’s just as easy! Next week I’ll get back to real cooking :)

Leftovers?

GoAnimate.com: College kids by lmc079

Like it? Create your own at GoAnimate.com.

Maybe you can try cooking with your friends too; it’s more fun! Plus it’s less cooking for you and then you won’t have to worry about leftovers.

Are you too CHICKEN…to Try This?

This blog has made me realize that I eat far to much chicken during the week. Once again, I am making another chicken dish : Creamy Chicken Florentine. I went food shopping the other day, and I was picking up some cream cheese for my bagels, and I found this cooking creme. Who knew Philadelphia cream cheese made other products? They even had this great recipe on the back of it! Clearly I need to expand my food shopping list.

Ingredients
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup cut red or green pepper
6 oz (1 package) of baby spinach leaves
1 tub of PHILADELPHIA Savory Garlic Cooking Creme
2 cups penne pasta

Directions

1. Cut chicken into bite size pieces
2. Cook chicken and peppers in nonstick skillet on medium heat for 5 minutes ( until chicken is done)
3. Add spinach and cook/stir for 3 minutes
4. Drain and add 1 Tbsp of water
5. Add cooking creme and cook for 3 minutes
6. Stir in pasta
7. It will probably take the pasta about 10-15 minutes to cook, so start that the same time you cook the chicken

I hope you enjoy this, it’s a new one! Next week I’ll spice it up with a new meat!

How to Cure the Common Cold

You’re all probably wondering, how can you cure the common cold with food? Well maybe this recipe won’t cure it, but it will sure make you feel better! I’m going to be making homemade chicken noodle soup. I came down with a little cold this week, so I figured I would fill everyone in!

Ingredients
1 Medium Carrot sliced
1 Stalk Celery sliced
1/2 cup  Uncooked Noodles
1 cup Shredded cooked chicken
32 oz. Chicken Broth

Directions

1. Heat broth, black pepper, carrots, and celery in cause pan. Bring to a boil.
2. Stir in noodles and chicken. Reduce heat to medium.
3. Cook 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.
4.You will be feeling better in no time!

Chicken N’ Rice

This next dish will probably be one of your favorites if you like chicken. This is another dish that my mom taught me. It’s a pretty basic dish that doesn’t require much work. Keep in mind that I am just cooking for myself, so you can adjust the measurements accordingly. Starting next week I will be experimenting with some trial and error, so stay tuned because this could get interesting!

Ingredients
1 Boneless Chicken Cutlet
1 can of cream of chicken
1 bag of instant rice
Broccoli, carrots, peas, or any other vegetables (optional)

Directions

1. Spray the Pyrex dish with pam and preheat oven to 425
2. Cut up chicken in little pieces or you can leave it whole ( it will cook faster in pieces)
3. Pour cream of chicken can in dish
4. Add one can of water to dish
5. Add the bag of rice
6. Add vegetables if desired
7. Cover with tin foil
8. Cook for 40-45 minutes and check/stir after 20
9. Enjoy :)

As Simple as Stew

I don’t know about you, but I hate coming home from a long day at work or class and dinner isn’t ready. Well, life has a solution for that and it’s called the crock pot. I recently just invested in one and it’s great!

Tonight for dinner I decided to go with one of my mom’s recipes: beef stew. I am usually more of a chicken person, but the beef was very tender tonight. I didn’t really have to do much, so it turned out wonderful!

List of ingredients (Keep in mind this feeds about 5 people. Alter the ingredients as needed):
1 Package of beef cubes.
2 -3 celery stalks (diced)
Potatoes (about 5 med.size)halved
1 Lg Onion (cut )
Carrots(diced or mini carrots)approx. 1 cup
Beef Gravy( 2 Lg Jars)
Bay Leaf
1 Bag of Egg Noodles( Optional)

Directions:
1.First task is to salt and pepper the meat and then put it in the crock pot.
2.Next, Add Gravy and mix.
3.Then add the remaining ingredient.
4.You can then add more salt and pepper if desired.
5.Now go do whatever errands the day holds and allow it to cook all day on low.
6.When you are ready to eat grab a bag of egg noodles to cook and top it off with the beef stew.

Welcome to cooking for the college kids!

Welcome to my first blog post! Here I hope to help out college students by providing them with simple meals to cook. Every week I plan on experimenting with a different dish and updating everyone with how it turns out. This could get comical because I am by no means a chef. Trust me, the pictures may be deceiving of how it actually tastes. I am not a photographer either.

Copyright Notice
Unless otherwise noted, all text and images are by Lisa Christmann.