Archive for December 2011

BluPrint Entertainment – Starting With A Gameplan (S.W.A.G.)

image credit: Vince DiDomizio

S.W.A.G. is more than a cliché.

Sure, the group grew up a garage band playing in the basement of a parent’s home.

Sure, the “boy band” evolved into a college rock band performing covers blended with their own hits.

But now, S.W.A.G., (Starting With A Gameplan) is proving ready to take the next step.

S.W.A.G.’s debut album,

“On The Horizon” ranges from acoustic to alternative rock. Set to release the first single from the album “Save You Now” S.W.A.G is excited about the entire project!

“It’s unbelievable that it happened,” said S.W.A.G. vocalist Ronnie Abel. “We started just wanting to play music for ourselves, then we started playing to make ourselves and others have a good time. Now, we’re taking that next step.”

S.W.A.G. was discovered by Blu Print as part of a search for a vocalist to sing the hook and bridge for International i’s single, Paris By Night. His search led to Ronnie and the two collaborated on the track, leading to the signing of S.W.A.G. on the Blu Print label.

The four members of S.W.A.G. include Ronnie (lead singer, acoustic guitar), Vince DiDomizio (guitar, keys), Mike Schenk (drums) and Mike DiDomizio (bass, guitar).

Schenk and both DiDomizio brothers all grew up sharing a basement in Hatfield, Penn. Vince met Ronnie at orientation at Temple University. “We clicked,” Ronnie said. “He wanted the brunette and I wanted the blonde – it worked out ever since then.”

Now S.W.A.G., whose musical inspirations include Coldplay, One Republic, John Mayer and Blink 182. is ready to sing about those types of life situations through their own music and take their sound to the next level.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX6RmsxecwE&feature=plcp&context=C29585UDOEgsToPDskJTfNkwvZGGmeZv37Ayng8R[/youtube]

DAYGLOW 2012 @ PIER 94 in New York **NEW YEARS EVE!**

http://www.theuntz.com/Pier94-NewYork

What is DayGlow?

What is DayGlow you ask? Well simply put, DayGlow is “America’s Largest Paint Party.” Imagine going to a concert. But not just any concert. An EDM concert. A full-out rage. Then, as the beat drops and 5,000+ fans are raving just as hard as you, you get hit with a paint blast. DayGlow mixes music & entertainment with art, in the form of paint.

What started out as a college tradition in Miami has quickly become one of the most popular raves in the nation, if not the World. With a concept so amazing you would think that you would need to have a pretty good headliner…you are right. DayGlow has announced this year that NYC fans will be treated to World-famous superstar DJ Benny Benassi on the decks. You’re welcome, New York.

So grab your friends and go crazy with Benny Benassi on the tables this DayGlow at Pier 94. Check out the video as well as information on tickets below!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReJ_iERac24&feature=related[/youtube]

DayGlow NYC 2012 Tickets

Are you ready? Can you handle DayGlow? Well dress comfortably and wind yourselves up for one of the coolest events ever.

Ticket Information

Pre-sale tickets for DayGlow NYC are now available here: DayGlow NYC

UPDATE: Pre-sale tickets for DayGlow NYC have sold out! But more tickets will be released on Monday, November 14 at 12pm EST. Check back here for updated ticket information on Monday!

Event Information

Who: Benny Benassi, David Solano, 5,000+ Ravers
What: 
DayGlow NYC
When: January 1, 2012 at 9pm EST
Where: Pier 94 (55th Street and the Westside Highway)

I went to the DAYGLOW party at the Liacourse Center this year and it was a scene that shouldn’t be missed!

Top 10 DJ’s and Short Bios

http://www.mybeatfix.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/dj-mag-top-100.jpg

1. David Guetta

Style: House – electro and melodic
Best known for: Killing the dancefloor!
Tune of 2011: Can I have two favourite records, seeing as I am No.1? Avicii ‘Levels’, and Afrojack vs David Guetta ‘Lunar’
Breakthrough DJ/Producer of 2011: Is Afrojack too big now? I will say Nicky Romero from Holland.

2. Armin van Buuren

Style: A State Of Trance
Best known for: A State Of Trance
Tune of 2011: Orjan Nilsen ‘Between The Rays
Breakthrough DJ/Producer of 2011: Orjan Nilsen

3. Tiësto

Style: Electro/progressive house.
Best known for: Energetic, epic DJ sets.
Tune of 2011: Maximal Crazy
Breakthrough DJ/Producer of 2011: Tommy Trash and Ken Loi

4. Deadmau5

Style: I like to think a little
Best known for: Headwear collection
Tune of 2011: Noisia ‘Tommy’s Theme
Breakthrough DJ/Producer of 2011: FeedMe

5. Above & Beyond

Style: Trance around the world.
Best known for: See above.
Tune of 2011: Above & Beyond ‘Sun & Moon’
Breakthrough DJ/Producer of 2011: Norin & Rad.

6. Avicii

Style: House
Best known for: Probably ‘Bromance’ or ‘Levels’
Tune of 2011: SHM ‘Save The World’
Breakthrough DJ/Producer of 2011: Alesso

7. Afrojack

Style: Electro house
Best known for: Take Over Control.
Tune of 2011: Sebastian Ingrosso & Alesso ‘Calling’
Breakthrough DJ/Producer of 2011: DJ Rehab. I signed him to my label, and now he’s blowing up everywhere. That’s something that I’m really proud of.

8. Dash Berlin

Style: Trance, in the broadest sense of the word.
Best known for: Global anthems like ‘Till The Sky Falls Down’, ‘Man On The Run’, ‘Disarm Yourself’, ‘Waiting’, ‘Better Half Of Me’ and many more.
Tune of 2011: Above & Beyond feat Richard Bedford ‘Sun & Moon (Club Mix)
Breakthrough DJ/Producer of 2011: Rave Channel.

9. Markus Schulz

Style: Unicorn-slaying trance.
Best known for: Slaying unicorns That’s been the mantra this year. A fan came up with that and somebody posted it up and I re-tweeted it and all year long it went crazy. It turned into a whole movement
Tune of 2011: I really hate picking my own tunes, but the track I did with Jochen Miller, ‘Rotunda’.
Breakthrough DJ/Producer of 2011: Khomha.

10. Swedish House Mafia

Style: House
Best known for: No idea!
Tune of 2011: Swedish House Mafia ‘Save The World
Breakthrough DJ/Producer of 2011: Alesso, AN21 & Max Vangeli, Thomas Gold
Source: http://www.djmag.com/top100

This Week’s Playlist (Dec. 3 – 9)

http://media.photobucket.com/image/turntables/mark123_123_123/turntables-1.jpg

**NEW**            Playlist Dec. 3 – 9

HIP HOP

• Yo Gotti ft. Gucci Mane – Colors
  • Bow Wow – Crunch Time
  • Nicki Minaj – Roman in Moscow
  • Roscoe Dash ft. Big Sean – Sidity
  • Rick Ross – By Any Means
  • Pill – La La La (Remx)
  • Tyga -the motto (remix)
R&B
  • Drake – Take a shot 
  • Robin Thicke – Compass or Map
  • T-Pain – Revolver
  • Teairra Mari – You did that
  • Dawn Richard – December Sky
Country
  • Brantley Gilbert – You don’t know her like I do
  • Jake Owen – Alone with you
  • Toby Keith – Red Solo Cup
  • Luke Bryan – I dont want this night to end
  • Kid Rock – Care
House/Techno
  • Smarty Music – It’s Like that
  • Addicting Beats 99 – December Mix
  • Dj Zhero – Best Dance House Music 2011
  • TG23 – Mix December
  • Kill the Noise (Dillon Francis Remix)
  • Virtu – Elixir
  • Avicii – Levels
Rock
  • Bush – The Sound of Winter
  • Foo Fighters – Walk
  • The Black Keys – Lonely Boy
  • Coldplay – Paradise
  • Seether – Tonight
  • Chevelle – Face to the Floor
  • Staind – Not again
  • Nickelback – Bottoms Up
Dubstep
  • Dusky ft. Janai – Lost in you
  • Skrillex – San Diego VIP
  • Skrillex – Syndicate
  • Lily Allen – Not Fair (Oblivion Remix)
  • Kid Cudi – Mr. Rager (Rusu & Healey Remix)
                                                                 *****ENJOY*****
December 2011
M T W T F S S
« Nov    
Sitemeter