Week 4 Results

Week 4 was tough.  Week 5 looks tougher.  This is how the suicide pool gets every year, it just feels earlier this season.  I survived week 4 with all 3 picks.  I went with the Saints, the Packers, and the Buccaneers.  There was a fourth team in the mix that I decided not to go with – the Eagles.  I’m sure we all know how that turned out.

The Saints won a convincing game against the Panthers, as expected.  They were carried by Brees and Sproles who combined for 539 yards, but the real story was the Saints taking a step in establishing themselves as the best team in the NFC South.  The Falcons continue to underwhelm, and the Buccaneers don’t seem to want to actually be a good team.  They almost lost what would have been an embarrassing monday night loss to the Manning-less Colts.  I hope the Saints can stay hot, I may be looking their way in week 5.

The Buccaneers were a last  minute replacement over the Eagles – phew.  It worked out well, but it was scary throughout.  It took a 4th quarter touchdown for them to beat the win-less Colts.  I probably would have lost some sleep if the Bucs really lost to this guy…

(Curtis Painter - http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/players/Peyton+Manning/nfl.p.4256)

The last game of the week was the Packers at home over the Broncos.  I wish I could pick the Packers every week but this was the 2nd of my 3 handles to use the Packers through 4 weeks.  Only one more use on the year.  The Pack won this game 49-23, doubling the Broncos points.  Aaron Rodgers eclipsed the 400 yard mark and added 4 touchdowns.  He’ll probably be doing the same thing all the way to February.

3 picks heading in to the week – 3 picks coming out.

From the site…

The Eagles, the Bills and (curiously) the Vikings helped clean out the pool in Week 4. As a result, there are just 7,921 left from the original cast of nearly 25,000. Of course, it gets tougher now, because chances are you’ve already used up some good teams.

One Response to “Week 4 Results”