Tips for Successfully Completing Activities
Here’s some helpful hints on how to successfully complete various activities.
- When you submit an activity like EXP.TWITTER1, EXP.KLOUT, or EXP.PEERINDEX (among others) be sure to provide a URL that includes your unique identifier in it (e.g., your PUBLIC URL). For example, if I was going to submit those tasks I would use the following URLs:
- For activities like EXP.VID or BLOG.FBLIKE where you embed HTML code in either the body of a post or in the sidebar of your blog, you will first need to active the “Unfiltered MU” plugin. (Use the Plugins – Installed Plugins menu of your dashboard to activate plugins.)
- For EXP.FBLIKE, EXP.PLUSONE and EXP.TFOLLOW find the instructions (available on each of those sites) for adding code to a general website. You do not need WordPress-specific instructions (they will most likely lead you down a path that is only available if you have the access to install new plug-ins).
- For BLOG.QUOTE the two key criteria are (a) that you use the <blockquote> formatting (available via the HTML tab on the Add New post screen) and (b) that you provide a link back to the original source of the quote. This post by Dana Littlefield is a good example,: Discussion Question: Virtual Grocery Stores.
- The initial summary post detailing the activities assignment answers a lot of other timely questions!
- For EXP.FBLIKE be sure that the button registers a Like for your blog, not for “facebook.com”. Also, it needs to be in the sidebar, not at the end of a blog post. HINT: If there are thousands of likes, you probably have the wrong URL!