4. Mobb Deep – Quite Storm

Mobb Deep – Quite Storm

Uploaded by prodigyHNIC2

Mobb Deep’s ‘Quite Storm’ record is from their Murda Muzik album, which was produced in 1999. Havoc from Mobb Deep produced the record, and also is the main producer on the album. Havoc sampled Grandmaster Melle Mel’s ‘White Lines (Don’t Don’t Do It).’ Steve Sola, “Mix King,” was the engineer for Mobb Deep’s Murda Muzik album. Sola tells hiphopdx.com the process of making ‘Quite Storm’ record:

I was the one who put the rain and the thunderstorm at the beginning – how it climbs up, those were my ideas. One of the A&Rs on the track, Jonathan [Lighty], suggested putting Havoc on the hook and make it a little more bouncy as we had always had [Prodigy] on the hook. So Havoc doing what he did killed the hook and it was a combination of everyone as a team and then with the mix making it sound the way it did, every one was more interested.

The sample appears at 0:05 mark of the record and throughout.

Grandmaster Melle Mel – White Lines (Don’t Don’t Do It)

Uploaded by uLise4Life

Grandmaster Melle Mel created White Lines (Don’t Don’t Do It)’ in 1983. The sample is taken at the 0:09 mark of the record.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Recent Comments