2. Wu-Tang – C.R.E.A.M.

Wu-Tang – C.R.E.A.M.

Uploaded by BVMUndergroundHipHop

Wu-Tang Clan’s ‘C.R.E.A.M.’ (Cash Rules Everything Around Me) record is from their Enter the Wu-Tang (36 chambers) album, which was produced in 1993. RZA from Wu-Tang produced the record, and the rest of the album. RZA sampled The Charmels’s ‘As Long as I’ve Got You.’ Alchemist, a producer, comments on the production of Wu-Tang’s ‘C.R.E.A.M.’ record (The Alchemist’s comments I found on wutang-corp.com):

RZA looped that was something so simple. But that song was so classic and when you find the sample, you are like “Damn all he did was loop it and put some drums to it.” But that was the magic of the music. I always remember that as sometimes you find a loop… and it is so crazy. It is not about how much you do to it sometimes, it is about making a really classic record. But then you have to respect it when someone chops up a sample and does it differently, I do that a lot too. But at the same time I will chop it to pieces and you will say you can’t believe I did that, but then I will just loop up a record too as there are no rules. The RZA proved that as he will just get on the keyboards and play some crazy melodies and then he will just loop up a classic soul record like it is all his, just showing his versatility.

The Charmels samples set the foundation for the ‘C.R.E.A.M.’ The sample appears at 0:26 mark of the record and throughout.

The Charmels – As Long as I’ve Got You

Uploaded by isitretro

The Charmels created ‘As Long as I’ve Got You’ in 1967. The sample is taken in two parts of the record, 0:00 and 0:17.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Recent Comments