Hi everyone this is a new android developed by my team of developers named andCoders a.k.a android coders.
Are you caught in awkward and boring meetings? Are you pulled into unnecessary gossips and discussions?
You desperately want to get of these and use your time more preciously. Get out of these situations by faking a call. Use this App to fake a call.
This App is used to trigger a fake incoming call from your android mobiles by simply making a waving your fingers at a particular place on your mobile.
I have a learnt a great deal in my Social Media Innovation class following are the few listed ones:
- To effectively use social media for business and personal benefit
- To increase my presence on internet
- To create Facebook Ads and optimize them
- To use Google Adwords
- I ended up having my first blog
- Learnt various new social media sites like foursquare,tumblr, Digg
- Learnt a lot during the show and tell presentations by the other class mates
- Ways to promote your blog
- Sensible blogging
- Learnt to use WordPress blogging platform
- Search engine optimization
- To track the site usage pattern using Google Analytics and Sitemeter
I created a Facebook Ad for the same page I created for my Facebook Page Task. I had a 27% increase in the number of likes/fans for my page. I spent around 12 dollars for the whole campign spread out in 3days. I used geo targetting and alos very selective targetting like the Ad is only visible to the Friends of already existing fans, this targetting increased the number of likes more than the geo targetting by selecting few cities. I further changed the settings by adding country specific targetting. I paid for number impresions instead of Charge Per click (CPC) option.The interface is easy and less complex than the Google Adwords. But only thing I am bothered about placing my ads on Facebook is my billing Information is stored as Facebook is targeted by many hackers I feel unsafe keeping my credit card information with Facebook.
Here is a screenshot of the campaigns results.
Creating an Ad is also simple its just a three step process.
1)Design your Ad
2)Choose the Targetting
3)Campaigns, Pricing and Scheduling Information
You may create an Ad for Facebook page or external URL.There exist many helful FAQ’s and also guides for help to choose a better ad and decide on targetting.
Differences between Sitemeter and Google Analytics
- Google Analytics is free and in SItemeter you two versions free and a paid premium version
- Sitemeter shows you the navigation of the pages on your website Google analytics do not do that.
- Google analytics is only available to you and the users you add , sitemeter free version is accessible to public to anyone who is viewing your site but the paid version gives you the private access
- Google Analytics is a bit difficult to use in the beginning but later on it becomes easy where as sitemeter can be used easily
- Sitemeter is real time whereas Google Analytics is a delayed by a day or so
- Sitemeter has distracting ads and google analytics has none.
- In Google analytics custom reports can be designed as per requirements.
Examples of Viral marketing: I created a facebook page 2 weeks and ago and it today has 271 fans steadily growing, I am at least adding one post, message, photo or a link per day or two. I see that daily its fan base is increasing. I know Amway products I am not a part of it but they actually use the multi level marketing similar to network marketing to sell their products. Personally I feel when I say that I am using Dell computer and its good in my friends circle my friends or friends of friends are more likely to purchase the product. I actually am a fan of Sony Ericsson Phones so I used to promote Sony ericsson phones to whomsoever possible in my friends circle.
I am sure the viral marketing would be successful with the products or services with network effects, but this has to be done systematically and carefully monitored to increase its effects in a better way. Company should actually steer the viral marketing and not leave on its own to increase the benefits. Amway has its huge following which also gives incentives to the people who grow their networks very well. Amway is a truly global company it exists in India and when I came here I was surprised it exists here in United States too and I found fro its website it has presence through out the globe.
This post is about my take away from the Eleventh FOX MIS IT Awards this year. I did not attend the award ceremony as I had a class that I could not miss but I am very happy that the FOX MIS department and IBIT has arranged a one hour session with John H Shain President, Chief Operating Officer, Automated Financial Systems, Inc. LLP before the actual ceremony.
There we 7 students and John in the discussion room. It was a great opportunity to meet executive of his level. He spoke about his story of how he managed to start a company in a niche sector and sustaining the growth after 30 years henceforth and also maintaining the leading market share in the Risk analysis and operations software provider for financial systems. The company Automated Financial Systems went global when it started its office in Vienna, Austria.
He also spoke about security issues which they face for being a software supplier for critical financial services sector and how they deal with those issues. He said he was very passionate about what he is been doing told that that is the only driving force he has still to work at this age. He told that if we love what we do than success is guaranteed. He spoke to each one of us in the room about backgrounds and gave good advice for future. He spoke about cultural impacts in the work place. Overall meeting with him was a good knowledge gaining session. I thank my MIS department, IBIT and Professor Johnson for giving me this opportunity.