Digital Journal Submission
The journal is in essence your sketchbook for the course. It is a place to graphically capture Key Learning Concepts, explore your own ideas and take notes throughout the studio sessions. Your Digital Journal must be created and submitted in PowerPoint.
- Slides must be self-explanatory. You are encouraged to use the “notes” section for your own reference; however, I will not review or grade that material.
- At a minimum, the following information must be included in your Journals:
- Photo of your name card created in our classroom studio.
- Image from drawing exercise.
- Glossary of terms (specific glossary slide(s) with definitions).
- Incorporating glossary terms within the journal slides is encouraged; however, this is not acceptable in lieu of submitting the standalone glossary.
- Photos from your research project. (Be certain to reduce the image sizes of your entire PowerPoint slide deck prior to submission)
- Insights from class, readings and your team/project work.
- You must submit your PowerPoint Journal via email using your temple email account to: Digital.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59 PM on December 10, 2018
- The file should be in Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt or pptx) format. Late submissions will not receive assignment credit.
- Journals must convey a logical, complete and compelling story around your overall MIS 3580 sec 002 learning experience.
- Explore the benefits of PowerPoint to communicate ideas and concepts through imagery.
- Practice limiting your use of text, “a picture is worth a thousand words.”
- Create a glossary of terms. This is a helpful tool to consider utilizing throughout your Undergraduate experience and beyond.