Munir Mandviwalla

Big Data: Cloud Based Analytics

Cloud based analytics

Most companies BI systems management are still in the conservative era of analyzing data. Top management levels still worry about data analytics being unsecured and not trustworthy if cloud-based analytics is being leveraged. Cloud-based analytics offers the capability and technology to process data quickly. Only in a matter of weeks, this process looks at a company’s data and determine the business value which meets company’s key objectives. At last, when data quality has been affirmed, organizations could start analytics projects which could identify clear business outcomes. However, companies need to change their attitude and give confidence to cloud-based analytics. IT role in a business is to diminish costs or increase profit. With cloud-based analytics, it meets specific business objectives quickly which results in low costs. Nowadays, Big Data is important for the company’s growth and with the help of cloud-based analytics, most companies would not need to have much “brain scratch” trying to identify company’s objectives and future paths.

Questions:

1- In your internship or current job, did the company ever mentioned about Cloud-based analytics? If yes, how successful were they with cloud-based analytics?

2- Do you think that Big Data is needed to help increase business processes of an organization? Rather, increase business objectives?

http://www.information-age.com/big-data-analytics-confidence-cloud-123464552/ 

2 Responses to Big Data: Cloud Based Analytics

• In my previous experience as a Big Data Research Assistant, I can confidently state that Big data analytics has proven to successfully automate business processes in many organizations. I worked on a project about Pandora’s big data intelligence and saw the impact the data had on the company’s personalized customer service process. Pandora has a genome system that breaks down the “genes” of every song listen to by an individual, matches it with other songs and provides customers with their own personalized playlist. It has really helped Pandora understand the likes and dislikes of their customer’s music preferences.

• At my job we have been continuously experimenting with cloud-based analytics over the past 2 years. Initially, we were having great difficulty sifting through the massive amounts of information that our software was gathering, causing a lot of disagreement on how to assess and analyze the data. My company is a small social media start-up that, at the time we initiated our data analytics, had only 10 employees total across the entire company. We thought it was a great idea to collect the data and then attempt to analyze it and improve upon our business processes (specifically our online marketing); however, we found that too much information with no concrete goals or directions provided us with little insight and a lot more work. Over time we have set different goals and been working to narrow the focus of our data analytics to more specific processes and information. This has helped us to greatly improve our social media outreach, as well as our understanding of the many benefits data analytics can provide with the proper guidance.

Top Rated
Subscribe to course via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this course and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 1 other subscriber