Information Systems Integration – Tony Messina

Global Smart Pills Market Expected to Account $3 Billion by End of 2026

Smart pills have just been approved in the US. The smart pills contain cameras, trackers, and sensors that can detect health problems, and communicate those problems with the doctor. Smart pills can monitor a patient’s prescription intake, and they are currently widely being used to detect gastrointestinal diseases. Smart pills will be able to diagnose diseases much more efficiently than doctors. Companies are also looking into adding a function for it to assess physiological health metrics.

The smart pill is worth so much because it provides a solution to the increasing problem of patients not taking the medicines. Doctors are encouraging patients to take the smart pills to ensure their patients are taking the medications they need. The healthcare sector also loses billions of dollars each year from patients not taking their medicine, so the smart pill will be very helpful for the healthcare industry.

Do you think digital drugs will be the future of medication?…-end

One Response to Global Smart Pills Market Expected to Account $3 Billion by End of 2026

• I think that technology will inevitably have a large impact on the healthcare industry through a variety of new innovations. However, I do not necessarily think that digital drugs will be the future of medication. Smart pills will be a useful new technology that will assist doctor’s in prescribing traditional medication to patients. The smart pills will likely be used in the future, but they will only be used to complement the distribution and prescription of traditional medications. Nothing will replace traditional drug prescriptions.

I come to this conclusion because it sounds like smart pills will be mostly administered to identify and detect issues within the body instead of curing them. The article states that “Elements such as cameras, trackers and sensors are being integrated in smart pills, making them a key tool to assess the health of consumer from within the body.” As you can see, the smart pills act more like sensors instead of medicine. The traditional sense of drugs such as Advil or anti-biotic pills will dominate medication.

Although digital pills will not revolutionize the healthcare industry or medicine, they will still be a big technological advancement for health monitoring and detection. I think there could even be some push-back from people about putting a pill like this into their bodies. A use for the pill is to “address the expensive, longstanding problem that millions of patients do not take drugs as prescribed.” This intrusion could create a push-back from patients.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *