Marie-Christine Martin : http://community.mis.temple.edu/mcmartin/
Office : 209J Speakman Hall
Email : email@example.com
Office Hours: Mondays 11:00 am-Noon, Wednesdays 11:00 am-Noon, Fridays 10:00-11:00 am and by appointment
MIS4596 Section 4
Class meets on M/W from 4-5:20 PM in SP114
The goal of MIS 4596 course is to bring the practice of management information systems together with broader issues in business. By the end of the course, you should be able to understand the role of MIS projects in organization, which includes:
- Learning how to leverage and think about enterprise level information technology
- Applying systems thinking to solve business problems with IT
- Proposing, comparing and evaluating specific projects and tools
- Understanding the role of the MIS professionals and how IT organizations are structured
- Experiencing a team project on a specific problem from start to finish
Teaching revolves on an intensive team project, lectures and your own participation. Learning is at heart a social activity and most people learn best when they engage with others.
- Generate knowledge in collaboration with the instructor and other students. Go beyond just reading and answering questions, which are necessary activities but limited to reacting to inputs from others.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and manage your team members and project. Do not let the project bog you down – accelerate collaboration with online tools.
- Get maximum value from each session which can include a mix of face-to-face and online elements; integrate materials from lectures and class activities, online discussions, and external experts toward the completion of a concrete goal. Do not just listen to lectures, but practice, stretch and get things done.