This week we looked at controlling connectivity from other network devices via configuration files under /etc. These files allow us to define which services and what computer (by IP address and name) can connect via the services defined on our Kali Linux system. Remember that DNS might not be the best way to configure these controls, since the DNS services are not in our control on our operating system.
We are reviewing for our 2nd test, please bring all your questions, we will be taking time to complete the University survey. After everyone has their questions answered we will begin the Test.
If anyone has any questions as always please reach out to me and I’ll be happy to work with you.
In The News:
- Why I Always Tug on the ATM, sounds like a trend, but maybe the owners running these should take this to heart
- Two more companies credit card system’s breached
- Use of Secure VPN to use the internet
- Protect you browsing from your ISP
- Major leak suggests NSA was deep in the middle east banking system
- Who needs Area 51 anymore just search the internet… (Make sure you verify what you find, since anyone can publish anything)