Wanted to share some observations from class. We had a couple of issues while using the switches in-class.
- A couple of students were not able to link to each other systems; we found that wireless was still enabled. Once we disabled the wireless and turned the Guest OS to use bridge mode the guest’s were able to talk with each other from student’s computers.
- Communication from one Guest OS to another on two different students laptops require manual configuration of the IP address in the Guest OS’s. I recommend that you use the 10.0.0.0 address space. Remember while the guest is in this mode you will not be able to connect to the internet resources. The 10.0.0.0 network is a special address space.
Can you find the other two address ranges that are not routable to the internet?
As always I’ll also post the “In The News” pages. I general want to conversation about helping each other with questions for assignment 2 as a priority.
Remember that the assignment is due from the team lead to the OwlBox link for the team captain with a list of who is on the team. I have created folders for all students
In the News:
- House Passes Long-Sought Email Privacy Bill
- Mixed set of comments that this might not make it again, but could change how much things cost in the cloud.
- SANS Reading Room
- The DevSecOps Approach to Securing Your Code and Your Cloud
- Internet Storm Center