MIS 5201.001 – Mike Romeu

Final Group Project – IT Change Management Audit

Objectives:

The objective of this project is to have you evaluate the effectiveness of IT change management controls at the CoreTech, Inc., Company. Based on the evidence that will be available, you are to form an opinion expressed in the form of an audit report.

This is a group project. Each group has their own datasets that they will work with.  You can get a copy of your group’s dataset by clicking on the appropriate link in the table below.

I organized the groups based on the groups from our first project. Let me know of any changes in group composition right away… please.

Group Members
  • Shuya Yang
  •  Shiting Liu
  • Mengyuan Wang
  • Yue Zang
G1 Program Listing
  •  David Eaves
  • James Levan
  • Alaa Abuali
  • Paul Pagliaro
G2 Program Listing
  •  Janet Mai
  • Ibtissam Bazzine
  • Yee Ann Chen
  • Thi Quynh Mai Ta
G3 Program Listing
  •  Vinh Nguyen
  • Jiehong Huang
  • Yizou An
G4 Program Listing
  • Shuvam Dasgupta
  • Victoria Johnson
  • Devang Mehta
  • Ravi Sharma
G5 Program Listing

You can download additional documents that you will need for the project by clicking on this Master Packet link.

To help you with your report you can download the following:

A separate packet with additional evidence will be made available as you progress through your audit.

Instructions:

• Download a copy of the Master Packet and your group’s dataset.
  • Read and follow the IT Change Management Audit Procedure instructions.

Program listings for Quarter 2 and Quarter 3 of 2015 are in 2 separate tabs in the Excel workbook. The instructions in the procedure will help identify any program changes that may have occurred between the two quarters.

If you find any changes (which you should) that you want to look into further (which you should do as well) you must send me an eMail with the change request number(s). In return I will send you a copy of the change records for your review.

If in the course of your review you need more information from ‘management’ or any other resource I’ll be glad to meet with your team (or a representative) at a time that works for all.

(Hint: The population is your sample. There is no need to identify and apply sampling techniques. The information provided is in a format that allows for 100% testing of the data.)

The final report must be submitted via eMail to me no later than 11:59 PM December 16, 2015.

Best of luck.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *