- What is the importance of having a target mix before starting to approve projects?
- Why would you want all projects to be proposed in a uniform way? What would you suggest as information that must be available for all projects?
- Do you think most organizations compare their projects’ performance to that which was proposed by the project? Why or why not?
- How would you justify a project that shortens a company’s sales cycle or improves the yield of an production process. What assumptions would you have to make?
- How does your company make project funding decisions? How well does it work?
The MDCM Case
Work with your team to prepare project recommendations for the MDCM board. Please come (in class or on the Webex) ready to present what you think MDCM’s strategic, business and IT goals ought to be. Here is your assignment:
You are a member of the MDCM executive team. Use the information given in this case to help solve this management crisis with the other executive team members in your group. Your team should define the overall corporate strategy for MDCM, the business goals matched to this strategy, and the related high-level IT objectives. Be prepared to present your recommendation to the MDCM corporate board.
You don’t need to post anything on the case this week.