For our discussion of IT policies, your team will write a specific IT security policy on one of the topics listed below. Using what you have learned from the readings and your own research, you will:
- Write an appropriate policy for a hypothetical firm that does $50MM of sales with 100 employees and 10 IT people.
- Identify the controls that will need to be put in place to ensure the policy is followed.
- Create a short (maximum 5 minute) video (Rich’s section) or presentation (Jan’s section) that explains the policy and why it is vital to the employees of your hypothetical company.
Your team will post both the video and your policy document on the class blog. Everyone is expected to read and comment on a minimum of four different policies.
You must choose to work on one of the following policies:
- Data Destruction Policy
- Social Security Number Policy
- Remote Access Policy
- Electronic Document Retention Policy
- Memory Drive Usage Policy