This Year
No Points
Total
1035 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

2017 Summer Internship – Abington Memorial Hospital

Over the summer of 2017, I interned at Abington Memorial Hospital in the Jefferson Community Physician’s (JCP) Department of Population Health. I assisted with various projects, such as providing IT support for the telemedicine program, validating data of insurer’s quality data reports, and offering software support for the hospital’s Web INR application.

JeffConnect is a service provided through the partnered hospitals of Abington Memorial Hospital, Aria Hospitals, and Jefferson Hospital, which allow patients to “connect” with their doctors via video chat on a phone, tablet, or computer at any time. During my time at Abington Hospital, I assisted the telemedicine team with IT support for the doctors using Jeffconnect. In addition to providing IT support, I joined the telemedicine team in giving a presentation to Aria Torresdale’s doctors explaining how JeffConnect will be a benefit to them, as well as their patients. After our brief presentation, we provided hands-on training of how to use the software.

WebINR is a web based, HIPAA compliant, out-patient warfarin management tool. WebINR is used by doctors to provide real time, accurate dosage of warfarin to each specific patient in a convenient and simple form. Dr. Keith Sweigard and his son, Brian Sweigard, partnered together to create WebINR  for Abington Memorial Hospital. With the recent partnership between Abington and Aria hospitals, Aria doctors and patients would soon be using WebINR. I assisted Dr. Sweigard in setting up all the Aria Physician Practices and adding all Aria patients to the appropriate practice.

Through these hands-on experiences, I was able to apply my coursework to real world situations and further develop my skills in the IT field.

Skip to toolbar