Panayiotis Laskaridis

Major: BBA MIS
Graduation: May 2020

Student

MIS Badge

Official Professional Achievement badge awarded by the Department of Management Information Systems

Click here to validate the recipient

During Fall 2016, I participated in the Temple Analytics Competition. Alexion, Merck, and AmerisourceBergen sponsored the competition and offered cash prizes for whoever could provide the best graphic, and best analysis for their questions. I participated in this competition with my friend, Jon Locantore. Aside from the obvious, that being, using data to draw information and then using visualization tools to display our findings, I was able to work together with a partner to complete this challenge.

I believe that separates MIS majors from other majors that deal with large amounts of data. We are able to separate ourselves because as MIS professionals, we possess a whole business background that will enable us to work together as a team and come to conclusions collectively. My partner and I collaborated by figuring out our solution that we discovered through the data that we found ourselves. After that, we decided together on the infographic that illustrated our findings.