Diversity Network Summer Scholarship
The Diversity Abroad Network “Diversity Network”, in cooperation with the STA Travel, will offer twenty summer scholarships in the amount of $500 for full-time undergraduate (both community college and university level) students attending a member institution in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom or the United States.
Applicants must be full-time undergraduates at a university or community college based in the Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom or the United States. Economically disadvantaged students, African-American/Black, Asian, Hispanic/Latino, Multiracial/ethnic or Indigenous/Native-American, students with disabilities and first generation college undergraduate students are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Attend a Diversity Network member institution (www.DiversityNetwork.org/members)
• Have minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA or the equivalent at an accredited university or college
• Be willing to share their experiences abroad with the DiversityAbroad.com community via blogs (at least once a week), article submission (one or two article required depending on length of study abroad program) and participate in the DiversityAbroad.com Discussion Boards.
• Be willing to be featured on STA travel’s blog website, http://blogs.statravel.com
How to Apply
Please read the following instructions carefully. The following items must be received by Friday, April 13, 2012 for Summer 2012 consideration.
• Completed Application form with picture. Also include documentation verifying participation in a accredited program (Send a copy of your acceptance letter or email)
• Resume should be submitted on one single-sided 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper.
• Please send a letter of reference from academic (professor, study abroad advisor, etc) Note, we cannot accept emailed letters of recommendation
• Mail Transcripts, Letter of Recommendation together to: Diversity Abroad, 655 Thirteenth Street, Suite 303, Oakland, California, 94612. Please note, we cannot accept application materials not mailed together and all materials must be received by April 13, 2012.
• Submit a video essay answering the following question: “How will international study and travel prepare you for the future?”
Here are steps for sending us your video:
Step 1 – Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
Step 2 – Name the video “Diversity Abroad Network Summer 2012 Scholarship – YOUR NAME (e.g. Diversity Abroad Network Summer 2012 Scholarship Lisette Gomez)
Step 3 – Include this list of tags: diversity, DiversityNetwork.org, study abroad, Summer 2012
After you’ve complete your video share it!