Archive for the ‘Competitions’ Category
By applying for a CAFSBM (Collegiate Assembly of Faculty, Fox School of Business) Scholarship or Award, you are putting yourself in a position to succeed and taking advantage of all that the Fox School of Business has to offer.
Apply online for scholarship and awards today: http://www.fox.temple.edu/cms_academics/dept/advising/awards-scholarships/awards/
The Diamond Award is the highest recognition by Student Affairs given to a Temple University undergraduate student. This recognition is based on a holistic evaluation of the student’s accomplishments. The Award is reserved for those who have demonstrated superior leadership, academic achievement, service to the University, and impact on a community (local, regional, or global). Through their leadership, it is clear that they are set apart from others as especially deserving of this unique honor. Award recipients are recognized at the Annual Diamond Award Ceremony.
View the original website here: http://www.temple.edu/studentaffairs/deanofstudents/programs/memorial-awards/index.asp
The Temple University Memorial Awards are designed to recognize Temple University students for their outstanding academic, leadership and service achievements.
The Dean of Students Office coordinates the Memorial Awards process. The following awards are available for students to apply to:
Awards for Consideration
- Dorothy A. Seegers Memorial Award 2013
- Sol Feinstone Memorial Award 2013
- Joel M. Schafer Memorial Award 2013
- Adeline & Marvin Wachman Memorial Award 2013
- Valaida S. Walker Memorial Award 2013
- Whittaker Award 2013
- Jerry Zaslow Memorial Award 2013
How you can provide a reference for an outstanding student
You will need the following information from the student you will be referencing:
- Student’s Name and Temple ID Number
- Name(s) of Scholarship Award(s) they are seeking.
Thank you in advance for your time and thoughtful support of these students.
The deadline to submit references February 15, 2013 by 5:00PM.
PLEASE NOTE: References received after this date can not be accepted and the applicant’s incomplete application will not be submitted to the selection committee for consideration.
Submitting your reference
- Complete the Memorial Award Reference Form
- E-mail the completed document to the Dean of Students (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Questions about the Memorial Awards?
If you have any questions or if you are having difficulty submitting forms for more than one student, please call 215-204-7188 or email email@example.com.
Take a look at the previous Memorial Award Winners
FINALIST PRESENTATIONS & AWARD CEREMONY
Thursday April 26, 2012
Alter Hall Auditorium & Undergraduate Commons
1801 Liacouras Walk, Philadelphia PA 19122
2:00 – 5:30PM
Temple’s annual business plan competition, the Be Your Own Boss Bowl, is one of the most lucrative and comprehensive in the nation. Now in its 14th year, the BYOBB features three competitive tracks: Graduate Students/Alumni/Faculty/Staff; Undergraduate; and Social Impact Ventures. The competition features aspiring entrepreneurs with concepts in information technology, consumer products and services, life science, clean tech, nanotech and more. Over 300 senior executives support the program.
Please save the date and join us for this inspiring entrepreneurial event which also includes a networking reception. There is no cost to attend, and you do not need to be associated with the BYOBB or Temple University to attend.
Investors especially welcomed!
ALAN AND DEBORAH COHEN
With additional support from Microsoft and GoldmanSacs Gives,
The annual Fox School Awards and Scholarship applications are now open. The deadline for all applications is March 1 at 11:55 PM Please visit our web site for information on this year’s awards and access to the online application: http://sbm.temple.edu/advising.
I am happy to announce that we are ready to launch the 4th annual Target Case Study Competition. We are looking for your support to send the attached information out to your students. The Target Case Study is designed for universities to use in promoting hands on learning for their students. We will be using a real-world business challenge that will provide students with the chance to create strategies for solving current opportunities in Targets business and/or the retail industry.
Click here to download the Target Case team entry form (must be completed by each team) and click here to download the a 1 page information sheet. Additional information will be sent to each team at time of registration and they will be added to the Target Case Blackboard organization.
A few other bits of information:
- Team will submit entry form (attached) with a $20 entry fee for each team (pays for the facilities cost)
- Teams are required to be 2-4 undergraduate students each
- Maximum of 20 teams
- Each team is required to submit a written executive summary not to exceed 5 double-spaced pages
- The top 5 teams (picked from a panel of judges) will present their case to a panel of Target judges
- There will be a scholarship award for the top five finalist teams
- Team entry deadline: Friday, February 10th
- Competition kick-off/case distribution: Monday, February 13th
- Executive Report submission deadline: Friday, March 2nd
- Announcement of five team finalists: March 23rd
- Finalists presentations: Monday, April 9th
Please direct all questions to my attention.
Thanks for your support!!!
Director, Corporate Relations
Center for Student Professional Development
1801 Liacouras Walk
134 Alter Hall 006-15
Philadelphia, PA 19122-6083
Phone: 215-204-8095 Fax: 215-204-1633