Archive for the ‘Fox’ Category
By applying for a CAFSBM (Collegiate Assembly of Faculty, Fox School of Business) Scholarship or Award, you are putting yourself in a position to succeed and taking advantage of all that the Fox School of Business has to offer.
Apply online for scholarship and awards today: http://www.fox.temple.edu/cms_academics/dept/advising/awards-scholarships/awards/
Wednesday, February 13, 2013 from 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM (EST)
The “Work Your Wardrobe – Fashion Show for Young Professionals” presented by the CSPD office will feature an array of looks from business casual to business professional attire. Students are invited to attend this event which will aim to accommodate students at every socioeconomic level by providing creative ways to look the part without breaking the bank! Don’t miss this vibrant event which will provide 18 total looks, both male and female, derived directly from consignment/thrift stores, from department stores and students’ own closet’s.
Register at the following website: http://cspdworkyourwardrobe.eventbrite.com/
Top Ten Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Temple…
(Advice from our Peer Advisors)
- Utilize the many resources available to you- utilize the Teaching Assistant’s (TA’s) and the Tutoring Center/ Writing Center. The TECH Center is an awesome resource too. If you need viruses taken off your computer, they do it for FREE.
- Take control of your education and plan ahead- Temple is a HUGE university. Visit offices like Student Financial Services and Advising during off-peak hours (hint: peak hours are typically during priority registration and the first two weeks of each semester. Check out the Academic Calendar for dates: http://www.temple.edu/registrar/documents/calendars/). Also, make friends with upperclassmen to help you navigate the university.
- Get involved in activities and clubs as soon as possible- take advantage of every opportunity (hint: consider joining an SPO: http://www.fox.temple.edu/org/).
- Take advantage of your student status- there are so many discounts that you can receive in the Philadelphia area just by having your Temple ID. SWEET!
- Check out other venues for books- use eBay, Amazon, book.ly or local bookstores in the Philadelphia area. College bookstores can be a rip off so renting textbooks or buying books from upperclassmen tend to be a heck of a lot cheaper.
- RATEMYPROFESSORS.com – love this!
- Center City is not hard or expensive to get to- if you’re losing your mind take a stroll down to Rittenhouse to relax. Also, become familiar with public transportation and if you have a car on campus, pay to have it in a secure lot.
- Dress for success- a suit is definitely a MUST, especially for Fox students.
- Know where to eat- food trucks are amazing and cheap (especially the crepe truck by Tyler). Sodexo and the Fresh Grocer are expensive for what they offer. The SAC is a little better than J&H Cafeteria because it offers smaller portions to help cut down on the “freshman 15”.
- Things will not be perfect your first semester- your schedule may not be how you want it to be and you may not have the ideal roommate. You may not love every class you have to take or enjoy every professor, but you’re in college and if you want to accomplish your goals, you have to learn how to cope. You can do it- we all did!!
Contact our Peer Advisors at email@example.com, or visit their website: http://www.fox.temple.edu/cms_academics/dept/advising/staff/peer-advising/
Below are the Immersion Events for tomorrow and for next week:
Friday, April 20th
American Marketing Association
Presents: Brown-Forman Speaker Session
Alter Hall room 31, 12:00 – 12:50pm
Join TU-AMA as we host the last
speaker session of the semester with Brown-Forman. Bown-Forman is one of the
largest American owned companies in the wine and spirits business. Global Director of Marketing at Brown-Forman
and Fox School Alumni, Carmen D’Ascendis, will be presenting to AMA
members this Friday. We hope to see you there!
Please contact Nate Rosen at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Business Casual
Alter Hall room 233, 12:00 – 12:50pm
Please join Toastmasters as they welcome Tatiana Sivak from Vanguard. Business Casual is preferred and questions
should be directed to Jordan Birnbaum at email@example.com.
Monday, April 23rd
Fox Women’s Leadership Initiative is hosting “GENDER (IN)EQUALITY in the WORKPLACE”
Alter Hall room 745, 12:00 – 1:00pm
The Fox Women’s Leadership Initiative is hosting a diverse panel of graduate students to
offer their different perspectives and experiences regarding gender in the
workplace. They will discuss such topics as How to present yourself in the
workplace, how to be aware and prepare for possible uncomfortable situations
relating to gender and how inequality manifests itself in the workplace.
Business Casual dress is appreciated.
Wednesday, April 25th
The International Business Association
Presents: Citibank and the Global Financial Markets
Alter Hall room 33, 12:00 – 12:50pm
Please join IBA in welcoming Christoper Warren to discuss Citibank’s role in the Global Financial
Markets. Business casual dress is requested and questions should be directed towards Barbara Malek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FINALIST PRESENTATIONS & AWARD CEREMONY
Thursday April 26, 2012
Alter Hall Auditorium & Undergraduate Commons
1801 Liacouras Walk, Philadelphia PA 19122
2:00 – 5:30PM
Temple’s annual business plan competition, the Be Your Own Boss Bowl, is one of the most lucrative and comprehensive in the nation. Now in its 14th year, the BYOBB features three competitive tracks: Graduate Students/Alumni/Faculty/Staff; Undergraduate; and Social Impact Ventures. The competition features aspiring entrepreneurs with concepts in information technology, consumer products and services, life science, clean tech, nanotech and more. Over 300 senior executives support the program.
Please save the date and join us for this inspiring entrepreneurial event which also includes a networking reception. There is no cost to attend, and you do not need to be associated with the BYOBB or Temple University to attend.
Investors especially welcomed!
ALAN AND DEBORAH COHEN
With additional support from Microsoft and GoldmanSacs Gives,