By applying for a CAFSBM (Collegiate Assembly of Faculty, Fox School of Business) Scholarship or Award, you are putting yourself in a position to succeed and taking advantage of all that the Fox School of Business has to offer.
Apply online for scholarship and awards today: http://www.fox.temple.edu/cms_academics/dept/advising/awards-scholarships/awards/
Diversity Network Summer Scholarship
The Diversity Abroad Network “Diversity Network”, in cooperation with the STA Travel, will offer twenty summer scholarships in the amount of $500 for full-time undergraduate (both community college and university level) students attending a member institution in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom or the United States.
Applicants must be full-time undergraduates at a university or community college based in the Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom or the United States. Economically disadvantaged students, African-American/Black, Asian, Hispanic/Latino, Multiracial/ethnic or Indigenous/Native-American, students with disabilities and first generation college undergraduate students are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Attend a Diversity Network member institution (www.DiversityNetwork.org/members)
• Have minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA or the equivalent at an accredited university or college
• Be willing to share their experiences abroad with the DiversityAbroad.com community via blogs (at least once a week), article submission (one or two article required depending on length of study abroad program) and participate in the DiversityAbroad.com Discussion Boards.
• Be willing to be featured on STA travel’s blog website, http://blogs.statravel.com
How to Apply
Please read the following instructions carefully. The following items must be received by Friday, April 13, 2012 for Summer 2012 consideration.
• Completed Application form with picture. Also include documentation verifying participation in a accredited program (Send a copy of your acceptance letter or email)
• Resume should be submitted on one single-sided 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper.
• Please send a letter of reference from academic (professor, study abroad advisor, etc) Note, we cannot accept emailed letters of recommendation
• Mail Transcripts, Letter of Recommendation together to: Diversity Abroad, 655 Thirteenth Street, Suite 303, Oakland, California, 94612. Please note, we cannot accept application materials not mailed together and all materials must be received by April 13, 2012.
• Submit a video essay answering the following question: “How will international study and travel prepare you for the future?”
Here are steps for sending us your video:
Step 1 – Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
Step 2 – Name the video “Diversity Abroad Network Summer 2012 Scholarship – YOUR NAME (e.g. Diversity Abroad Network Summer 2012 Scholarship Lisette Gomez)
Step 3 – Include this list of tags: diversity, DiversityNetwork.org, study abroad, Summer 2012
After you’ve complete your video share it!
Rutgers University School of Law – Camden is proud to be a recipient of a generous grant from the Law School Admission Council’s DiscoverLaw.org Pre-Law Undergraduate Scholars Program. Starting this June, we will be providing a four-week immersion into the legal world. The primary purpose of the program is to increase the diversity and quality of applicants applying to law schools, while also promoting the success of underrepresented minorities in the legal profession.
The PLUS Program will include:
- · Law school classes
- · Field trips (law firms, legal services organizations and other venues)
- · Guest Speakers
- · Professionalism Seminars
- · A moot court competition
This is a residential program for 20 undergraduate students who are currently in their freshman or sophomore years in college. Students will live in the Rutgers-Camden Residence Hall, receive free meals at our dining hall, and earn a stipend.
More information and application forms may be found here: http://camlaw.rutgers.edu/plusprogram. The deadline for applications is April 15, 2012. In addition to completing our application, applicants must register (free of charge) with http://www.discoverlaw.org/register.asp, a great resource for information about preparing for law school.
Thank you for sharing this information with students who might benefit from the program. Please circulate this email to your contacts, networks, email listservs, etc.
Prof. Jill Friedman
Director, Pro Bono & Public Interest Program
Rutgers School of Law
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
The annual Fox School Awards and Scholarship applications are now open. The deadline for all applications is March 1 at 11:55 PM Please visit our web site for information on this year’s awards and access to the online application: http://sbm.temple.edu/advising.
2012 Chris Pavlides Spirit of Entrepreneurship Award
2012 Chris Pavlides
Spirit of Entrepreneurship Award
The Chris Pavlides Spirit of Entrepreneurship Award recognizes an
outstanding undergraduate student at the Fox School of Business in
their senior year of study who embodies the passion and spirit of
entrepreneurship which was the hallmark of Professor Chris Pavlides.
The award will be conferred at the Be Your Own Boss Bowl
business plan competition on April 26, 2012.
* * *
Students may self nominate or students may be nominated
by classmates or faculty based on the following criteria:
The student must be a senior at the Fox School of Business and
either an entrepreneurship major or minor AND/OR member of the
Entrepreneurial Student Association AND/OR participant or past
participant of the Be Your Own Boss Bowl business plan competition.
The student must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 (B-). Preferably, the
student has started and/or is running a business, or has demonstrated
plans to launch a business following graduation although this is not
a requirement. The selection committee will also look for evidence
of strong leadership and team work skills; high interest in the discipline
of entrepreneurship; and participation in entrepreneurship applied
programs (IEI and ESA programs). In addition, we seek a student who
is optimistic, an advocate for entrepreneurship and who is persistent,
overcomes barriers, and who has demonstrated strong ability to execute.
* *Applications must be received by Wednesday, April 4, 2012* *
To apply, please send a one-page essay describing why you are
deserving of the 2012 Chris Pavlides Spirit of Entrepreneurship Award
and send by email to Jaine Lucas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please
include your expected date of graduation, GPA, major and minor (if any).
The selection committee is comprised of entrepreneurship faculty,
and IEI & Fox School of Business leadership.