Posts Tagged ‘Resume Building Opportunities’
Interesting article about The Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) and how they can help in your professional development and employment search.
>>>>>>>>Reserve your spot by registering here: http://bit.ly/BAT2013
By applying for a CAFSBM (Collegiate Assembly of Faculty, Fox School of Business) Scholarship or Award, you are putting yourself in a position to succeed and taking advantage of all that the Fox School of Business has to offer.
Apply online for scholarship and awards today: http://www.fox.temple.edu/cms_academics/dept/advising/awards-scholarships/awards/
The Diamond Award is the highest recognition by Student Affairs given to a Temple University undergraduate student. This recognition is based on a holistic evaluation of the student’s accomplishments. The Award is reserved for those who have demonstrated superior leadership, academic achievement, service to the University, and impact on a community (local, regional, or global). Through their leadership, it is clear that they are set apart from others as especially deserving of this unique honor. Award recipients are recognized at the Annual Diamond Award Ceremony.
Temple University Healthcare Leadership Organization (TUHLO) is a new student organization created to provide an outlet for students interested in healthcare management and related professions by creating a community of undergraduate, graduate, faculty and alumni studying or working in the field.
Participation in the organization will provide:
- The ability to meet students in the same or relevant majors
- The opportunity for undergrads to talk to MBA students about graduate programs
- Networking with faculty, alumni and professionals working in the field
- The opportunity to hear speakers on current healthcare issues
- Information on career opportunities
- An opportunity to develop professional contacts
- A channel for healthcare management minors to get involved
- Experience for a resume
Who Can Join TUHLO?
TUHLO is open to graduate students, undergraduate majors or minors studying healthcare management or related healthcare professions.
If you are interested in participating next semester please contact:
Full-Time MBA Candidate, 2014
Vice President, Undergraduate Relations
Healthcare Risk Management Major
Peer Advisor, Fox School of Business
View the original website here: http://www.temple.edu/studentaffairs/deanofstudents/programs/memorial-awards/index.asp
The Temple University Memorial Awards are designed to recognize Temple University students for their outstanding academic, leadership and service achievements.
The Dean of Students Office coordinates the Memorial Awards process. The following awards are available for students to apply to:
Awards for Consideration
- Dorothy A. Seegers Memorial Award 2013
- Sol Feinstone Memorial Award 2013
- Joel M. Schafer Memorial Award 2013
- Adeline & Marvin Wachman Memorial Award 2013
- Valaida S. Walker Memorial Award 2013
- Whittaker Award 2013
- Jerry Zaslow Memorial Award 2013
How you can provide a reference for an outstanding student
You will need the following information from the student you will be referencing:
- Student’s Name and Temple ID Number
- Name(s) of Scholarship Award(s) they are seeking.
Thank you in advance for your time and thoughtful support of these students.
The deadline to submit references February 15, 2013 by 5:00PM.
PLEASE NOTE: References received after this date can not be accepted and the applicant’s incomplete application will not be submitted to the selection committee for consideration.
Submitting your reference
- Complete the Memorial Award Reference Form
- E-mail the completed document to the Dean of Students (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Questions about the Memorial Awards?
If you have any questions or if you are having difficulty submitting forms for more than one student, please call 215-204-7188 or email email@example.com.
Take a look at the previous Memorial Award Winners
Wednesday, February 13, 2013 from 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM (EST)
The “Work Your Wardrobe – Fashion Show for Young Professionals” presented by the CSPD office will feature an array of looks from business casual to business professional attire. Students are invited to attend this event which will aim to accommodate students at every socioeconomic level by providing creative ways to look the part without breaking the bank! Don’t miss this vibrant event which will provide 18 total looks, both male and female, derived directly from consignment/thrift stores, from department stores and students’ own closet’s.
Register at the following website: http://cspdworkyourwardrobe.eventbrite.com/
FINALIST PRESENTATIONS & AWARD CEREMONY
Thursday April 26, 2012
Alter Hall Auditorium & Undergraduate Commons
1801 Liacouras Walk, Philadelphia PA 19122
2:00 – 5:30PM
Temple’s annual business plan competition, the Be Your Own Boss Bowl, is one of the most lucrative and comprehensive in the nation. Now in its 14th year, the BYOBB features three competitive tracks: Graduate Students/Alumni/Faculty/Staff; Undergraduate; and Social Impact Ventures. The competition features aspiring entrepreneurs with concepts in information technology, consumer products and services, life science, clean tech, nanotech and more. Over 300 senior executives support the program.
Please save the date and join us for this inspiring entrepreneurial event which also includes a networking reception. There is no cost to attend, and you do not need to be associated with the BYOBB or Temple University to attend.
Investors especially welcomed!
ALAN AND DEBORAH COHEN
With additional support from Microsoft and GoldmanSacs Gives,
View the following website for the Peer Advisor employment opportunity: http://community.mis.temple.edu/peeradvisors/peer-advisor-employment-opportunity/..
Diversity Network Summer Scholarship
The Diversity Abroad Network “Diversity Network”, in cooperation with the STA Travel, will offer twenty summer scholarships in the amount of $500 for full-time undergraduate (both community college and university level) students attending a member institution in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom or the United States.
Applicants must be full-time undergraduates at a university or community college based in the Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom or the United States. Economically disadvantaged students, African-American/Black, Asian, Hispanic/Latino, Multiracial/ethnic or Indigenous/Native-American, students with disabilities and first generation college undergraduate students are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Attend a Diversity Network member institution (www.DiversityNetwork.org/members)
• Have minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA or the equivalent at an accredited university or college
• Be willing to share their experiences abroad with the DiversityAbroad.com community via blogs (at least once a week), article submission (one or two article required depending on length of study abroad program) and participate in the DiversityAbroad.com Discussion Boards.
• Be willing to be featured on STA travel’s blog website, http://blogs.statravel.com
How to Apply
Please read the following instructions carefully. The following items must be received by Friday, April 13, 2012 for Summer 2012 consideration.
• Completed Application form with picture. Also include documentation verifying participation in a accredited program (Send a copy of your acceptance letter or email)
• Resume should be submitted on one single-sided 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper.
• Please send a letter of reference from academic (professor, study abroad advisor, etc) Note, we cannot accept emailed letters of recommendation
• Mail Transcripts, Letter of Recommendation together to: Diversity Abroad, 655 Thirteenth Street, Suite 303, Oakland, California, 94612. Please note, we cannot accept application materials not mailed together and all materials must be received by April 13, 2012.
• Submit a video essay answering the following question: “How will international study and travel prepare you for the future?”
Here are steps for sending us your video:
Step 1 – Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
Step 2 – Name the video “Diversity Abroad Network Summer 2012 Scholarship – YOUR NAME (e.g. Diversity Abroad Network Summer 2012 Scholarship Lisette Gomez)
Step 3 – Include this list of tags: diversity, DiversityNetwork.org, study abroad, Summer 2012
After you’ve complete your video share it!