Where Will Temple Take You?
Join Education Abroad & Overseas Campuses from September 16th – 20th, 2013 for the 3rd annual Study Abroad Week (SAW), a weeklong event dedicated to study
abroad opportunities at Temple!
Look for us around campus throughout the week hosting special events, leading
information session and student panels, and sharing free breakfast, coffee, and soft pretzels.
Enter our raffle for the chance to win a variety of prizes including a flight voucher; the more events you attend, the more chances to enter!
Check out the SAW Calendar for a look at the week’s schedule of events!
Destination France – January 8-17, 2014
Information Session: Friday, September 20th in Alter Hall 722 at 12 noon.
The International Programs/CIBER office at Fox is pleased to offer another short-term study abroad opportunity to Temple undergraduates. Destination France will take place from January 8-17, 2014. Space is limited! Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and the final deadline to apply is Friday, October 4th. For more information, please check the Destination France page.
Diversity Network Summer Scholarship
The Diversity Abroad Network “Diversity Network”, in cooperation with the STA Travel, will offer twenty summer scholarships in the amount of $500 for full-time undergraduate (both community college and university level) students attending a member institution in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom or the United States.
Applicants must be full-time undergraduates at a university or community college based in the Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom or the United States. Economically disadvantaged students, African-American/Black, Asian, Hispanic/Latino, Multiracial/ethnic or Indigenous/Native-American, students with disabilities and first generation college undergraduate students are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Attend a Diversity Network member institution (www.DiversityNetwork.org/members)
• Have minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA or the equivalent at an accredited university or college
• Be willing to share their experiences abroad with the DiversityAbroad.com community via blogs (at least once a week), article submission (one or two article required depending on length of study abroad program) and participate in the DiversityAbroad.com Discussion Boards.
• Be willing to be featured on STA travel’s blog website, http://blogs.statravel.com
How to Apply
Please read the following instructions carefully. The following items must be received by Friday, April 13, 2012 for Summer 2012 consideration.
• Completed Application form with picture. Also include documentation verifying participation in a accredited program (Send a copy of your acceptance letter or email)
• Resume should be submitted on one single-sided 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper.
• Please send a letter of reference from academic (professor, study abroad advisor, etc) Note, we cannot accept emailed letters of recommendation
• Mail Transcripts, Letter of Recommendation together to: Diversity Abroad, 655 Thirteenth Street, Suite 303, Oakland, California, 94612. Please note, we cannot accept application materials not mailed together and all materials must be received by April 13, 2012.
• Submit a video essay answering the following question: “How will international study and travel prepare you for the future?”
Here are steps for sending us your video:
Step 1 – Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
Step 2 – Name the video “Diversity Abroad Network Summer 2012 Scholarship – YOUR NAME (e.g. Diversity Abroad Network Summer 2012 Scholarship Lisette Gomez)
Step 3 – Include this list of tags: diversity, DiversityNetwork.org, study abroad, Summer 2012
After you’ve complete your video share it!