How do I migrate my e-portfolio to the new theme?
It is easy to migrate your existing Community platform e-portfolio to the new theme. Please follow the e-portfolio migration instructions.
What are Professional Achievement (PRO) points?
Earn PRO points for approved professional achievement activity (e.g., internships). PRO points always increase and are never deducted. The only exception is if you are a no-show for a formal pre-registered activity. You also earn Reward points each time you earn PRO points.
What are Reward points?
Each earned PRO point also earns a Reward point. Reward points are deducted each time you make a purchase in the PRO store. PRO points are not deducted for purchases in the PRO store, only Reward points.
How are points awarded?
PRO and Reward points are awarded automatically for department sponsored (e.g., department event) or student organization sponsored activities (e.g., serving as an officer). For other approved activities (e.g., internship), you will need to make a formal point request.
What is an e-portfolio?
A web site that displays professional achievements that highlight your skills and body of work. The site is dynamic, updated frequently, and pushed to search engines. See examples using PRO search.
Why do I need an e-portfolio?
Digital identity is what uniquely describes a person and their relationships online. Most of us today are experts in social identity management (e.g., a change in status on Facebook) and routinely take steps to shape reputation and manage networks. An e-portfolio is a tool to manage your professional digital identity. An e-portfolio is also required to earn PRO points in the professional achievement program.
How can I use my e-portfolio?
- Include the e-portfolio URL in your resume.
- Include the e-portfolio URL in your email signature.
Why isn’t my e-portfolio showing up in PRO search?
PRO search only displays:
- e-portfolios created by Majors on the Community platform.
- e-portfolios associated with a valid Avatar (picture).
What is the PRO points calendar?
The PRO points calendar lists pre-approved point earning opportunities. This includes pre-approved external point earning opportunities. If a point earning opportunity is listed in the PRO points calendar, you are not required to seek pre-approval.
Selecting Job Interest and Skills and Interests
Select Job Interest and Skills and Interests in the Community profile under Professional Details. These two fields define your professional digital identity.
- Selecting too many items will dilute your professional identity. Only choose the items that are of the most interest to you today. A good rule of thumb is to select three items or less under Job Interest and five items or less for Skills and Interests.
- If you are unclear about your interests, review the profiles of others, click the specific item to see how many others have selected that item.
To change Job Interest and Skills and Interests:
- Login, Hover on Hello, … (on the top right) and hover on Profile, click Edit My Profile to access the Community profile.
- Click Professional Details to edit and complete the items listed. Hold the control key to select multiple items.
- Click Save Changes on the bottom.
Why did I lose points?
PRO points are deducted if you sign up for an activity and are a ‘no-show.’ For example, if the activity is worth 25 points, then the same number of points will be deducted if you are a ‘no-show’ for the activity.
If you are a ‘no-show’ and do not make prior arrangements then that shows a lack of professional development which is reflected in the point deduction. Moreover, certain activities have limited seats, a ‘no-show’ deprives another deserving student of the opportunity.
How do I claim missing points?
PRO point requests are normally processed within a week. During the end or beginning of the term it may take up to two weeks for the points to be posted. If you still do not see the points in your Dashboard, please contact the department.
What is the PRO Store?
Purchase branded swag such as mascots, pins, hats, polos, padfolios, t-shirts and many more exciting items at the PRO Store. The PRO Store uses Reward points as currency. Visit the PRO Store to redeem Reward points.