Earn PRO points for study abroad related to your major. Pre-approval is not needed, points are awarded after you complete study abroad professional development activities related to your major.
Eligible activities include:
- Blog about and show extensive knowledge about the local industry related to your major
- Paid or unpaid work experience related to your major
- Participate in professional events such as conferences related to your major
To request PRO points for study abroad you will need:
- Create a post on your e-portfolio that highlights the above activities.
- Send an email to the department:
- Subject heading: Summer/Semester study abroad PRO point request
- Include a link to the above post
- Attach proper documentation (e.g., letter from employer, badges at events, link to blog)
- If your request is approved, the department will award the relevant PRO points.
- All rejections are final. Partial PRO points are not awarded. Re-submissions are not allowed.
- If your study abroad involves an internship, request PRO points for the internship (only).
- Request additional PRO points for study abroad only for activities that go beyond an internship.