Recipe: serving for 4 – 6 people
- whole dal – 150 gram (black lentils)
- Rajma - 50 gram (red kidney beans)
- Ginger - 10 gram grinned
- Garlic 2 -3 cloves
- Green Chilli – 2 grinded
- Salt- 1 – to taste tbsp
- Garam Masala
- Dal Makhani Masala
- Cumin seeds - 1 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tspn
- Asafoetida Powder – pinch
- Ghee (oil) – 50 grams
- Tomato paste – 100 gram
- Turmeric – 1.5 tbsp
- Butter – 100 gram
- Cream – 30 ml
- Wash and then soak black lentils and rajma in water overnight.
- Boil the lentils with ginger, garlic, green chilli and salt, and simmer until lentils are cooked then drain off the water
- Tadka preparation: Heat the ghee or oil, add cumin seeds and asafoetida powder and tomato paste and stir.
- Add the cooked dal to the tadka and bring it to boil.
- Add chilli powder, butter and cream. Simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Add garam masala and dal makhani masala.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.