Sarson Da Saag (mustard leaves)- is the most famous punjabi main course meal. It is made from mustard leaves (sarson) and served with spices. It is topped with butter and served with makki di roti (corn bread).
Recipe: Serving for 4 people
- Corn Flour – 2 tbsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1 Pinch
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Grinded ginger – 1 piece
- Ghee (butter) – 60 grams
- Grinded Chili - 1 tsp
- Mustard leaves 750 grams
- Finely Chopped Onions – 50 grams
- Salt – 1 – to taste tbsp
- Spinach – 250 grams
- Wash, clean and cut mustard leaves and spinach into very small pieces. Add both into cup of water and boil until blended paste occurs.
- Heat ghee (butter) and add onions and cook on sim setting until onions turn brown, add ginger, garlic, salt and stir for minute.
- Add corn flour to the green paste along with green chili and cook well until everything is blended.
- Add garam masala, top with butter and green cilantro and serve with makki di roti.
- I will post the recipe for makki di roti later.