Recipe: serving of 4 people
- Fresh cilantro – 1 1/4 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/4 tspn
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tspn
- Chopped green chilli – 1 medium
- Chopped tomatoes – 2 medium
- Chopped onions – 2 medium
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tspn
- Oil for frying – 1/4 cup
- Salt – 3/4 tspn
- Cut bhindi (okra) into about 1 1/4 inch pieces - 1/4 kg
- Oil for seasoning – 2 tbsp
- Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a pan and add bhindi and stir fry for few minutes until cooked and color changes to light brown.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan, add cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- Add onions and green chilli, cook until onions turn brown. Add tomatoes and cook.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, and turmeric. Mix well.
- Add the bhindi to the mixture.
- Cook for about 10 mintures.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with roti or naan.