Recipe: serving for 4 – 6 peoples
- Rajma – 2 cups (red kidney beans)
- Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Chopped onions – 1
- Chopped garlic – 5 cloves
- Chopped ginger – 1 inch
- Chopped tomatoes – 3
- Chopped green chilli – 3
- Cilantro powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Garam masala power – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Fresh green cilantro – handful
- Wash and soak rajma overnight.
- Cook them in pressure cooker or if you don’t have one, cook them in pan for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and onions, cook until onions turn brown.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, ginger, and green chillies. Fry until cooked.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add the boiled rajma and red chilli powder to the mixture and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add garam masala and cilantro powder and stir until everything mixes well. Keep on the stove for about 5 mintues.
- Remove from stove and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve with roti or rice.