- Rice (washed and drained) – 1 cup
- Milk – 5 cups
- Cardamom seeds (crushed) – 4
- Almonds(chopped) – 2 tbspn
- Saffron (soaked in little hot milk) – 1 pinch
- Pistachio nuts(chopped) – 1 tbspn
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Raisins – 8 – 10
- Put the rice, milk and cardamom in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Bring the milk to boil and keep stirring until the rice are soft and grains start to break.
- The milk to should become little brownish
- Add almonds, pistachio, saffron, and raisins.
- Cook for 3 minutes
- Add sugar and keep stirring until completely dissolved.
- Remove the kheer from heat.
- Serve either warm or cold.