- All purpose flour (maida) – 1 cup
- water – for dough
- Carom seeds (ajwain) – 1/4 tspn
- Salt – 3/4 tspn
- Cooking oil – 2 tbsp
- Potatoes – 5 medium
- Boiled green peas – 1/2 cup
- Cooking oil – 2 tbspn
- Cumin seeds (jera) – 1 tspn
- Finely chopped ginger – 1/2 inch
- Green chilli chopped – 3
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tspn
- Dry mango powder (amchoor) – 1/2 tspn
- Garam masala – 1/2 tspn
- Salt – 1 tspn
- Fresh Cilantro leaves chopped – 1 tbsp
- Chopped cashews
- Raisins – few
- Tamrind chutney
- Mix salt, oil, ajwain.
- Add a little water.
- Pat and knead well few times into soft dough.
- Cover with cloth and keep it aside for 10 – 15 minutes.
- In a bowl add mashed potatoes and salt chilli powder, mango powder, garam masala and green chilli, ginger and mix well.
- Add green peas, cashews and raisins and mix well.
- Finally, add the cilantro and keep it aside.
- Make small rolls out of the dough and roll it into 4″ – 5″ diameter circle.
- Cut it into a semi-circle.
- Take one semi circle and fold it like a cone. Use water so the sides stick.
- Place a spoon of filling in the cone and seal the third side using a drop of water.
- Take a heavy pan and heat oil in it.
- Fry the samosa until golden brown.
- Serve it with tamarind chutney.
image credit: http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/115535462/Frozen_Jain_Samosa_by_A1_Samosa.html