- Besan (gram flour)- 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 1 cup
- Almonds (chopped) – 1 tspn
- Pistachios (chopped) – 1 tspn
- Cashew nuts (chopped) – 1 tspn
- Heat ghee in non stick pan and mix besan over low heat.
- Keep stirring so lumps don’t form.
- When you smell the besan and seems cooked, remove it from heat and aloow it to cook
- Add sugar and nuts. Mix thoroughly.
- Make small about golf size balls from the mixture.
- Ladoos are ready to be served.
- Almonds – 2 cups
- Sugar – 2 1/2 cup
- Kesar (for color) – 2 drops
- Ghee – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Soak the almonds in hot water for 1 hour.
- Remove the almond skin and grind to a paste with the milk.
- Make sugar syrup by adding sugar to the water, boil it until its consistent.
- Add the almond paste and cook till it thickens.
- Add the kesar color
- Add ghee slowly while stirring continuously on low heat.
- Carrots – 2 lbs
- Milk – 4 cups
- Cardamom seeds – 1 tspn
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Ghee – 3 tbspn
- Raisins – 2 tbspn
- Almonds – 2 tbspn
- Pistachios – 2 tbspn
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Soak the raisins in water for about half hour.
- Wash and grate the carrots.
- Boil the water, when it comes to boil, add the carrots and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the milk and cook on low heat for 1 hour.
- Add the sugar and stir while the sugar is dissolved and milk evaporates.
- Add the ghee and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the cardamoms and raisins. Mix well.
- Remove the gajar halwa and garnish with almonds and pistachios.
- Serve either cold or at room temperature.
- Milk – 4 cups
- All purpose flour – 1/4 cup
- Suji – 1/4 cup
- Ghee – 1 1/2 cup
- Boil the milk until it is reduced to half the original quantity.
- Roast the suji until light brown.
- Add to the milk along with flour. Mix until no lumps remain.
- Heat the ghee in a pan.
- Pour the batter in a glass so it is easy to pour it in the pan.
- To make the malpura, pour the mixture in the pan, about the size of pan cakes.
- Cook them on both sides. Make sure they don’t become crisp.
- To make a sugar syrup, by adding the milk to the pan with sugar.
- Dip the malpura in the syrup.
- Serve hot or cold.
image credit: http://indiansnap.com/special-holi-offer-at-radisson-blu
- Rice (washed and drained) – 1 cup
- Milk – 5 cups
- Cardamom seeds (crushed) – 4
- Almonds(chopped) – 2 tbspn
- Saffron (soaked in little hot milk) – 1 pinch
- Pistachio nuts(chopped) – 1 tbspn
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Raisins – 8 – 10
- Put the rice, milk and cardamom in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Bring the milk to boil and keep stirring until the rice are soft and grains start to break.
- The milk to should become little brownish
- Add almonds, pistachio, saffron, and raisins.
- Cook for 3 minutes
- Add sugar and keep stirring until completely dissolved.
- Remove the kheer from heat.
- Serve either warm or cold.
- Milk – 3 cups (for Paneer)
- Milk – 3 cups (for malai)
- Cardamon (choti elaichi) – 1/2 tspn
- Sugar – 2 cups (for syrup)
- Sugar – 1/2 cup (for malai)
- Pista – 2 tspn
- Cashew paste – 1 tbsp
- Chopped almonds – 2 tspn
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Saffron – pinch
- Boil milk in heavy bottomed pot while stirring continuously.
- When milk comes to boil, add lemon juice slowly so the milk cuddles (paneer).
- Pour the paneer into a cloth while the water drains out of it.
- Pour cold water on the paneer to get rid of the lemon flavor.
- Allow it drain completely while squeezing the cloth
- Make small balls, smaller than golf balls and flatten slightly.
- Boil water in a pressure cooker with sugar and when it comes to boil add the paneer balls.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook for 7 minutes.
- After the balls are cooked, they should double in size. Keep them aside.
- Now to prepare the malai, add milk and sugar to heavy bottomed pan along with cashew paste, a pinch of saffron, and cardamom on medium setting.
- Boil for 20 to 30 minutes so the milk gets reduced to 2 cups.
- Take out the paneer balls from the pressure cooker and press them so water is removed from them.
- Add the balls to the boiled milk
- Garnish with pista and almonds
- Keep it in the fridge and serve it chilled.