Community Platform
Interests
  • Business analysis
  • Customer relationship management (CRM)
  • Cyber-security
  • Digital marketing
  • more...
This Year
No Points
Total
1685 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Temple Analytics Challenge 2018

Describe the challenge/competition

1. Indicate 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place
  2. Name of sponsoring organization
  3. Details of the activity (e.g., where, when, what you won)
  4. What you learned
  5. How the activity relates to coursework or your career goals
  6. Once approved, the description is automatically displayed in a post on your e-portfolio.

This Fall 2018 semester, I had the opportunity to work alongside two other MIS students, Robin Goetz and Kazi Ahmed, for Temple Analytics Challenge 2018. The competition is organized by the Institute for Business and Information Technology and sponsored by Comcast NBCUniversal, Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc., and AmerisourceBergen Corporation. After a month of hard work, my team was fortunate to bring home the Honorable Mention prize within the Analytics track.

Out of the 3 topics presented, our team tackled the Alexion Challenge, which posed the question “Who are the winner and loser in healthcare funding and payments?”. Analyzing healthcare data from Open Payments, we developed a plan for Alexion to identify underfunded areas and redistribute payments more efficiently. I personally analyzed the impact of royalties and licensing fees on drug quality and patients’ health, and use the visualization skill from MIS 0855 to demonstrate my findings.

Overall, this is a great experience as I got to work with open-sourced data for the first time and an area that is outside of my comfort zone.

Skip to toolbar