No Points
Total
1065 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Summer 2015 Internship

Philhaven

During the Summer of 2015, I had the opportunity to intern at Philhaven Hospital located in Lebanon PA. Philhaven is a non-profit behavioral healthcare organization that offers services to children, adolescents, adults and older adults in south central Pennsylvania. There are mental health offices located throughout Lancaster, Lebanon, Dauphin, and York counties. I was fortunate enough to work at the main campus in Lebanon which was where the IT headquarters were located. I was hired as a full time intern and the official position that I held was an Electronic Health Record Support Assistant. I was brought in as an intern to help with the testing, training and implementation of the new Electronic Health Record (EHR) system that they were planning on launching later in the summer. It was my responsibility to test and document procedures related to the EHR. When I found bugs in the system, I was to report them to the developers so that they could be fixed as soon as possible. Working so much with the new EHR allowed me to help train the hospital employees so that they would have an easy transition from the old system to the new. In addition to my work with the EHR, I produced  daily billing error reports in excel that I would send out to certain employees. I then analyzed that data and coordinated resolutions with the staff that it concerned. I was also on the IT help desk everyday and provided technical support to over 1300 employees.  It was a very awesome feeling having so much responsibility in the department and I was extremely fortunate to be able to experience all the ups and downs of transitioning to a new company wide system.

Skip to toolbar