This summer I interned at Lockheed Martin. It was an amazing experience where I got the opportunity to not only work a real meaningful projects but also, got to network with people across the country. While I was interning, I decided to take the co-op experience elective course. The course consisted of bi-weekly reports and a presentation about who you worked for and what you did. For the presentation, Professor Doyle’s 2501 class had the pleasure of hearing all about my summer. If you would like to learn a little bit about my summer and missed the presentation, you can view the presentation below:
During Spring 2009, I took a class called Law and American Society. The class is a required class that all business majors have to take. I personally found the material very interesting, even though I have no interest in law. Professor Daerr-Bannon was an amazing teacher who I would recommend to anyone that has to take law, take it with her. The purpose of the class in my mind was to talk about all the issues past and present that our society faces. Along with that, if we were talking about past issues, we looked into court cases that solved the problem and how they affected future issues such as drunk driving. The first issue was driving a car intoxicated and the courts ruled it illegal. Another case came up later on saying that although driving a drunk, would riding a bike intoxicated fall under the same category.
For our final, we had to pick a issue that our nation is currently facing and relate it to prior court cases. I chose the topic of gay marriage with my prior cases being ones on interracial marriage, on domestic partnership, and on the rights of the children for all of these types of marriages. The topic personally interest me because I have numerous friends that might face this issue later in life as well as my own views on the subject are completely opposite of how the courts ruled. In my opinion, who cares who you marry? You can’t change who you love and if it doesn’t cause harm to others, it is none of their business. Below is a link to my final essay.
Last semester (Fall 2009), I took the introductory marketing class. The class was taught by Professor Dimoka and is a required class for all business students. For the class, we have to do a group project called New Shoes. The purpose of the project is develop a shoe and control how the product is marketed. The class is broken up into groups of 5 people where every week we have to change or not change the price of the shoe, the number of sales people and the amount we spend on advertising, product development, and promotions. Each week, the results are posted for how the company did compared to other groups as well as how we did compared to prior months. During the last week of classes, every team has to present this New Shoes and explain what they could have improved if given another opportunity as well as what they believe they did well. The teams also have to discuss the tactics behind their decision making. In the end, out of about 10 team, my team finished on top. Below is our slide show presentation as well as our presentation questions.
In my sophomore year, I took a public speaking class. Going into the class, I figured it would be one of my least favorite classes as well as one of my hardest. Since it is a business core requirement, I figured I would get the class over with and in the end, was very happy I took it as soon as I did. The class turned out to be one of my favorite classes and has definitely improved my public speaking. I still remember my first speech that only had to be a few minutes long and I just had to talk about myself. Needless to say, it was a disaster. But by the end of the semester, I was a lot more comfortable presenting and came out alive.
For the class, we had to make 5 speeches; each one getting longer and involving more research/materials. Below are the speeches we had to do along with my presentations:
- The purpose of the first speech is for each student to introduce her or himself to the class.
- Should be between 2 and 3 minutes long
- Have to discuss 3 main aspects on your life
- The purpose of the second speech is to think of a person whom I know personally, who has influenced my life in a positive way, and who is still alive.
- Should be between 3 and 4.5 minutes long
- Must provide quotes, famous or by them, and/or lyrics
- The purpose of this third speaking assignment is to inform my audience about mytopic and introduce them to the issue. I needed to explain why it is of public interest.
- Must have a visual aid and at least 5 sources
- Must be between 6 and 8.5 minutes long
- My topic addressed the following question: Should Temple University increase its security off-campus?
- My Outline and Visual Aid
- This speech is a persuasive presentation where I had to argue that a particular statement should be accepted as fact. I had to build a case that a certain statement was to be accepted by the audience. I had to provide persuasive evidence in mymain points that backed up my main proposition of fact.
- Must have a visual aid
- Must be between 6 and 8.5 minutes long
- My topic addressed that Temple University should increase its security off-campus.
- My Outline and Visual Aid
- This speech is another persuasive presentation where I had to provide the answer to my term topic question and discuss the solution and course of action to take.
- The purpose of this presentation is to answer my term topic and propose a policy or solution that addresses my public policy controversy
- Must be been 6 and 8.5 minutes
- My Outline and I unfortunately, no longer have my presentation
In my first semester as a Management Information Systems major, I took both Information Systems in Organizations (MIS 2101) and IT Architecture and Software Development (MIS 2501).
Below are the links to the 4 projects/assignments we had to do for the 2101 class. Unfortunately due to a lovely virus that struck my computer during Thanksgiving weekend, all that remains from my work is Project 3 – Emerging Technology.
My Project 3 – Social Networking – powerpoint
For all of the students that forgot the SAP Support website I have attached it to my site for easy findings.
The site above should be used for all MIS2101 students during Project 2. The site will provide all classes account information for every student as well as all the tutors’ hours including mine (even though you can find it on my site). It also provides tips on how to log onto SAP among other things. If you run into problems while doing the project, please first try looking to see if one of the TAs posted a solution to the problem on the site. If not, contact the TA on duty for the fastest response! Best of luck!
Remember your Temple AccessNet ID is NOT your log-in username!
So I figured I would start by saying that just because we are girls, does not mean we do not tackle!
Happy 15th Year Anniversary Temple’s Women’s Rugby Team!
Temple University’s Women’s Rugby was founded in 1995 by Trish Flynn and Pia Roth. Since then, the women’s team has come a long way. They have won multiple EPRU championships, several MARFU championships, have been National runner ups in 2005 and in 2004, won the National Championship! Currently this school year, the team has won their first EPRU championship in few years and this weekend competing in MARFUs! If the ladies continue to winning streak, Nationals is only a few weekends away! Below is the schedule:
CONGRATULATION TO BOTH THE MEN’S AND WOMEN’S TEAM FOR FINISH THE SEASON SECOND IN THE NATION!!
|Date||Who we play & Where||Score|
|March 20||George Washington @ Lasalle University||17 – 14 Temple|
|March 27||William and Mary@ University of Delaware||42-0 Temple|
|March 28||Lasalle @ University of Delaware||15-10 Temple|
|April 10 & 11||Keystone Tournament||——————–|
|April 16-18||USA Championships – Top 16||Temple wins|
|April 24||University of Penn @ Edgley or Memorial Hall||game cancelled|
|April 30||Nationals! – Top 4||FINISH SECOND!|
For those of you that are interested in playing, please feel free to contact me regarding how to join. For those of you that have never played before, it is really easy to learn that rules and just because you have never seen a rugby ball doesn’t mean you cant play. Myself, being one of the many girls that joined, never played before. Below are a few pictures and some videos!
For a bigger slideshow click Rugby
Unfortunately, there are no women’s videos posted but below are some of the men’s clips
- A few words about Temple Rugby – video link
- Older Video with Temple Chant – Temple vs. Villanova
- Temple vs. St. Joes and Drexel
- Temple vs. West Chester
- Tyler Rumsey – 2009 Temple Graduate
- Film Project – Adidas Commercial
- [youtube color1="FF0000" color2="00FF00" autoplay="1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNzMrFleVFE[/youtube]