Archive for December 20, 2011
There are many students in our class created interesting blog content, I found a interesting article from Danielle about fitness. Here are the 25 reasons for the important of Fitness I quote from her post.
1) Keeps Cancer at Bay – Article
Reduces Cancer Risk & Increases Survival – Article
Slows tumor growth – Article
Keep breast cancer at bay – Article 1, Article 2
2) Fights cellulite – Article
3) May help improve test scores – Article
4) Keeps you young and fights aging – Article 1, Article 2
5) Increases fertility – Article
6) Improves depression – Article 1, Article 2, Article 3, Article 4
7) Helps prevent/fight osteoporosis – Article 1, Article 2
8 ) It busts our body toxins – Article
9) Boosts blood supply – Article 1, Article 2
10) Helps respiratory patients – Article
11) Drug-Free Migraine Prevention – Article
12) It’s good for your heart -
Reduces mens heart attack risk – Article
Protects heart from injury – Article
13) Boost vitamin D – Article
14) Strengthens your brain – Article 1, Article 2, Article 3, Article 4
Diminishes brain fatigue – Article 1, Article 2
15) Improves your mood – Article
Especially for women – Article 1, Article 2, Article 3
16) Helps with arthritis -Article 1, Article 2, Article 3
17) Improves your sex life – Article
18) Increases productivity at work – Article
19) Helps pregnant women keep babies safe – Article
20) Improves diabetic symptoms – Article
21) Helps teen smokers quit – Article 1, Article 2
22) Helps beat high blood pressure – Article
23) Builds kids bones – Article
24) May reduce dementia and Alzheimer’s risk – Article 1, Article 2, Article 3
25) Relieves Stress – Article 1, Article 2
My friend Melissa W, working for Hachette China for about two years as social media and new media project manager. I had a interview with her about social media in China and in fashion magazine industry.
Me: Melissa, you have working on social media for fashion magazine for two years, can you tell me the difference of social media in China?
Melissa: The social media market is unique, which with huge usagers but a lot of limitations. Many foreign websites are blocked, such as Facebook, so we can not use these foreign platforms to promote. But the market has its own social media sites developed by the local media firms.
Me: what are the most popular social media platforms in China?
Melissa: Well, about four years ago, Renren which should be the Chinese Facebook, generate a lot of attention of Chinese usagers. Now, Microblog, kind of Twitter, is a new popular platform for firms to have social media marketing.
Me: Based on your knowledge, what do chinese people do on these social media sites?
Melissa: In the very first beginning, people created these accounts for communication needs with their friends. But recent years, they use social media as a information center which they can get useful information about their life, work. there is a hugh number of chinese people shopping online. That’s why we should develop our social media strategy so hard to build a brand image and attractive consumers.
me:what are the popular topics people talking about?
Melissa: Depends on different demographic groups, for women and girls, cosmetics and fashion are always their topics online. For working men, political and economic news, as well as electronic products are their interested topics. Online social media market is also need to make segmentations and consumer behavior analysis.