- So Long. Farewell. May 14, 2012Thank you all for a great semester! I submitted grades for this class this afternoon. If I understand how the new grading system works, you should be able to see your final course grade tomorrow mid-morning (Monday, May 14). If you want specific feedback on any of the concluding assignments, please let me know and […]
- Week 14 Follow-Up April 27, 2012Watch again on FoxCapture. Wk 14: 26 Apr 2012 MIS3538 Class Meeting on Prezi
- Week 14 Reading Assignment April 24, 2012To prepare for the final class meeting, read these two articles. How to Manage Your Brand’s Social Life Social Media Strategy: Learn as you go or apply what you know
- Week 12-13 Follow-Up April 24, 2012Still need a BONUS.ACTIVITY? It’s Philly Tech Week. Here’s a full schedule of activities. Class capture: – Week 12 – Week 13 Presentations: Wk 12: 12 Apr 2012 MIS3538 Class Meeting on Prezi Wk 13: 19 Apr 2012 MIS3538 Class Meeting on Prezi
- Tips for Successfully Completing Activities April 23, 2012Here’s some helpful hints on how to successfully complete various activities. When you submit an activity like EXP.TWITTER1, EXP.KLOUT, or EXP.PEERINDEX (among others) be sure to provide a URL that includes your unique identifier in it (e.g., your PUBLIC URL). For example, if I was going to submit those tasks I would use the following […]
- The Emergence of Online Community Leadership October 27, 2014What makes someone influential in an online community? Are there identifiable behaviors associated with being viewed by other participants as a leader? Are these emergent leaders different than other participants? These are some of the questions that my colleagues and I address in: Steven L. Johnson, Hani Safadi, and Samer Faraj (2015). “The Emergence of Online Community Leadership” Information […]
- Temple University Campus Sustainability Week October 18, 2013All sorts of cool events going on next week for Temple University Campus Sustainability Week.
- Animated GIFs July 8, 2013Now that Google+ joins services like Tumblr in supporting animated GIFs, I’ve decided it’s high time to learn how to make them. I did a web search and found there’s a whole bunch of websites that will let you do them for free. Take a few photos of a moving object with your iPhone, resize […]
- Passing the torch January 19, 2012A new Social Media Innovation class begins this evening. A new semester means a new leaderboard for a new semester of students. So, please don’t be alarmed as your bright shiny shelf of achievements clears out today. Best wishes to you all, Prof. Johnson
- Final Grade Timeline December 16, 2011I am in the process of reviewing the final activities submissions as well as reading and grading the final papers. If all continues on schedule, I will have the final course grades calculated and submitted no later than Sunday, December 18. I’ll keep you posted via an update here (and on the portal announcements) if […]
Final Fall 2011 Quest Standings
- Fox IT awards May 3, 2012Th Fox IT awards were great. Even though I couldn’t go this year, I had a great time at the after party. Since we were able to socialize outside the school enviornment, I had a great time. I have been going to the Fox IT awards since I was a freshman. I really enjoy this […]
- The Social Media Bible May 3, 2012Though social media books are probably outdated by the time the are officially released, this book seems to be a helpful guide for understanding social media. It starts off with introducing what social media is and why it is so important (rising popularity, two-way communication form for marketing) and the explains different types of social […]
- EXP.ONBOARD: Instagram May 3, 2012The service that I decided to sign up for was Instagram. When I first heard about Instagram I did not fully get the concept of it. When I downloaded Instagram on my iPhone I was eager to start using it. When I first downloaded the app on my phone it did not really have a […]
- BLOG.REVIEW May 3, 2012After reading the article, In a Race to Out-Rave, 5-Star Web Reviews Go for $5, it became pretty obvious to me that many sites are using fake reviews to boast about products on Amazon and hotels on TripAdvisor. After reading this article, I wanted to see if what the article was saying was obvious to […]
- BONUS.EVENT2 May 3, 2012I attended the IT awards last Tuesday and met many influential people including a recruiter from Lockheed Martin. Also when I was there I had my professional picture taken.
- Nokia Re-Enters U.S. With $50 Smartphone December 15, 2011Nokia Corp. is getting back into the U.S. smartphone business with an entry-level model powered by Microsoft Corp.’s latest Windows software and sold by T-Mobile USA. The Lumia 710, one of two models that Nokia has launched in Europe, is slated to go on sale Jan. 11 for $50 after a rebate and a two-year […]
- MOG Player Review December 15, 2011MOG is an online music blog network. It automatically creates a play queue. It shares your music with your friends as you listen to it. The songs instantly pop up in your Facebook newsfeed. Also, you can choose to share the songs via Twitter. To continue getting free music through this service, you must “favorite” songs […]
Welcome to the MIS3538 portal
Welcome to the spring 2012 edition of Social Media Innovation! Check the right-hand sidebar for course announcements.
One Response to Welcome to the MIS3538 portal
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.