Where Business Meets the Blogroll

Social media news you can use today

Social media articles and videos

This past month has been unusually busy for me with appearances and interviews related to social media.

WordPress WordCamp Gamification Presentation Badge

For those who prefer longer videos:
  • My presentation on Gamification for Funtastic User Experience from Philly WordCamp 2011 is now available via WordCamp TV. The most compelling section is probably about 15-20 minutes in where I read and discuss student comments about their experience in a gamified course.
  • I appeared with three of my colleagues from the Management Information Systems department of Temple U. Fox School of Business in a round-table discussion on Social Media on Temple U. TV.
If you prefer really short videos, I’ve launched an “… in 90 seconds” series on internet and social media technology. The first four titles are:
I plan on putting out about one per week, so keep your eyes out for more. Let me know if there’s a particular product you’d like covered  in the series.

Help pick the winning infographic

This semester in my Social Media Innovation course, the 12 student teams each created an Infographic. The team whose infographic gets the most views wins a prize!

Please check out the infographics either on Flickr — in this Infographics Set — or on Visual.ly (links below). The views count on either platform.

If you see one you really like, the best way to help that team win is to share the infographic with your online friends!

What’s next: an invitation

On December 1 and 2, Larry Dignan and I are teaching an Executive Education module at Temple U. Fox School of Business on Mapping the Social Media Landscape.
The module will help you take your social media usage to the next level. This module covers the key product areas and social networking platforms essential to organizational social media strategy. It provides attendees with practical knowledge based on insights derived from implementing as well as studying social media. The fast-paced two-day schedule provides insights into the major principles underlying social media success.
We still have a few seats available and would love to see you there!

4 Responses to Social media news you can use today

Categories