Daily Archives: February 22, 2012
Do you have a blog? If you do, how often do you blog? Jesse L. wrote an interesting article about “How Bogging Can Help College Students”. In the article, he talked about the positive effects how blogging can help on students and even after graduation. He listed three main points in his article:
- First and foremost, blogging can help students in the “writing practice” because blogging helps students know what they want to write and what type of audiences that they want to concentrate. It also helps them in the communication way of exchanging and interacting with the audiences. Especially, blogging will give students a chance to think of the object differently through the thoughts and become more confident in the professional way.
- Believe it or not, blogging also improves your computer skills and internet communication. Since blogging requires the special skills of uploading the pictures, embedding the video, or even connecting the links to articles.
- Lastly, blogging might help you get a job after college. It will pump up your LinkedIn profile and professional networking. Creating a blog and maintaining the good amount of audiences will give you the professional outlook and indicate who you want to be. Blogging helps you recognize the “real” person inside you and forces you to become that character.
A common question is how often you should write a blog? From my experience, you should maintain at least one topic a week. I have been blogging since I chose MIS as a minor; it took me some time to get familiar with WordPress and learning the techniques of blogging. I strongly encourage all students to start blogging during college because it will improve your communication and writing skills. Even better, MIS students have access to create free blogs via the community site. There is no need to go and search for a site to host your blog. Feel free to send me links to your blogs; I look forward to reading them!
- William Adams on What if employers ask for your Facebook password?
- Steven L. Johnson on What if employers ask for your Facebook password?
- Binh Tran on How MIS has helped my career
- Alex Tran on How MIS has helped my career
- How MIS has helped my career | Binh Tran — IRETO - International Real Estate Trade Organization on How MIS has helped my career