How to create your eportfolio
- Create a blog on the MIS Community site – click “My Blogs” on the top of the screen after you login and then click on “Create a Blog”.
- Use the following convention to name your blog so that it is easy for people to find you. Do you put in any punctuation such as dashes or underline characters:
- First initial followed by last name (e.g., jmis for Joe Mis)
- If that does not work, then full first name followed by last name (e.g., JoeMis)
- If that does not work, then full first name, middle initial, and last name (e.g., JoeIMIS).
- After the Blog has been created, go to the “Dashboard” of that blog and scroll down and click on ”Themes” on the left hand side.
- Select and “activate” one of the e-portfolio themes:
- Complete the eportfolio by following the instructions on this site.
About this site
This “page” is a page in WordPress terminology. It has been set to be the front page of your site in WordPress (Click “Settings” and then click on “Reading”). Pages should be used for static content such as your biography and resume. You should add a ‘headshot’ style picture of yourself above and replace the text below with a biography and/or contact information.
You should use “posts” for more dynamic content such as your projects and events as well as your blog. Using “posts” also provides you with a way to create an RSS feed for others. You can control the appearance of your posts by using “categories” and using the “Category Posts” widget to display certain posts more selectively. Click on “Appearance” and then “Widgets” to add widgets to your site. If you do not see the Category Posts widgets as one of the choices, add it, by clicking on “Plugins” and activating the Category Posts widget.
You can add multiple copies of the Category Post widget to your site and use the “title” and “category” settings in the widget to organize and present your material.